Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa & OFC at Chennai

Hi All,

I am writing this post to share my experience on OFC and Visa interview on my H1B @ Chennai. Hope this would be helpful to any of the H1B applicants.

First of all i would like to thank immihelp for all the support, i was a regular visitor to this forum for the past one month and gone through all the questions which helped me clear the interview with VO.

OFC on Monday (10th of March 2014 @ 12:30 PM)

I would suggest you to go just 10 - 15 mins before your appointment, make sure you carry your appointment confirmation letter, DS160 confirmation page and importantly your passport along with you. No additional documents required.

Once you go inside the OFC, they will take your hand prints and one PhotoGraph. Your work will be done within 5 - 10 mins. (If needed, they will ask you couple of questions from your passport).

For me the questions are : 1. Your passport number pls? 2. Place of your birth

Visa Interview on Tuesday (11th of March 2014 @ 9:00 AM)

Even for visa interview, its ideal to go ahead of 10 - 15 mins before your appointment. Please carry all the required documents.

I was waiting for almost 2 hrs for my turn to come up.. Finally, VO called me with a smiling face and i just walked at her counter with a smile face (Though i had a huge fear inside..

It was a friendly discussion with the VO and here is our conversation which went for almost 20 mins...

VO: Good Morning Sir
    Me: Good Morning Mam!!!
    How are you doing today?
    VO: No, Answer (Was Checking something in the system)
    VO: Can i have your passport please?
    Me: Sure Mam, handed over my passport
    VO: Who is your petitioner?
    Me: Answered
    VO: Oh gr8, so you work for ZZZ? How long have you been with this organization?
    Me: YYYY years Mam!!!
    VO: So this is your first job?
    Me: Yes Mam.
    VO: Nice, when are you planning to travel?
    VO: When would you return back to india?
    Me: I will be back in 15 months Mam!!!
    VO: How much is your petitioner going to pay you in US?
    ME: Answered
    VO: Who is your client?
    Me: I work for an inhouse project Mam!!!
    VO: What would be your roles and what kind of work is it going to be?
    VO: What is your Manager's name?
    VO: Show me your documents?
    Me: Passed on my I797 form, she later stopped and was looking at the system for 5 mins. (No document were asked by the VO except my I797)

VO handed over my I797 back and asked about my salary again. I replied back the same answer. Later she dropped my passport in a tray and handed over a white pamplet.

Then the final word came from her "Please go through this Pamplet Sir, i am approving your visa. Have a fun filled trip and all the best!!!".

Me on heaven with full of joy and tears in my eyes the next sec replied, Thanks alot Mam, it was pleasure talking to you and left the place. I recieved the passport today (17th March 2014 with the visa stamped in it).

Trust me, just go and talk very confidently and its all your day!!!

Thanks alot Immihelp
    Last edited by ekkumar; 03-17-2014, 01:46 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X