No announcement yet.

question regarding H1 filed under COS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question regarding H1 filed under COS.

My future employer is planning file for H1 under COS however I will not be able to start from Oct 1, 2014 since I am doing MBA and will only be able to start from Dec 1, 2014. Could you please advise what my options are here? Is it possible at all?

Currently, I have H4 visa and I am studying in Hong Kong. I am planning to be in the USA from August 1, 2014 on H4 visa for an exchange program.

In addition, I am planning to come to the USA for 1 week on Mar 25th, 2014 on H4 visa. My future employer will use that I-94 for filing H1B in April 2014.

Thanks.
    Last edited by gjainnk; 03-18-2014, 01:28 PM.

Originally posted by gjainnk View Post
    My future employer is planning file for H1 under COS however I will not be able to start from Oct 1, 2014 since I am doing MBA and will only be able to start from Dec 1, 2014. Could you please advise what my options are here? Is it possible at all?

Currently, I have H4 visa and I am studying in Hong Kong. I am planning to be in the USA from August 1, 2014 on H4 visa for an exchange program.

In addition, I am planning to come to the USA for 1 week on Mar 25th, 2014 on H4 visa. My future employer will use that I-94 for filing H1B in April 2014.

Thanks.
    Seeing the trend it seems that if you want any chance of H1 this year, the application package should reach USCIS on 01-Apr-2014. As you would be outside US on 01-Apr-2014 the employer cannot file a COS.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X