Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your advice on Name Correction on my H1B visa from Texas, USA

Hi all

Requesting your advice on the name process or correction as this is really bugging me.

okay so its been over 7 years i m in USA on H1B visa the name on the visa untill 2014 march was:
    First name: FNU
    Last name: Dinesh Kumar

My Visa for extension got approved untill March 2016 and name on the visa came as:
    First name: No name given
    Last name: Dinesh Kumar

I went to DMV today to extend/renew my Drivers license and they said it can't be done as the name has not been updated in their system and asked me to try after March 28th, 2014.

Feeling very very frustrated and helpless with all these things to deal with and work with projects. I am thinking of Correcting my name once and for all.

Other details:
    Almost 4 years back i applied for Green card thru my employer Cognizant Tech solutions, India. My I-140 was approved 2 years back and we are still waiting for I-485/EAD to register. My wife is still on H4 she's a homemaker.

I would really be grateful to you all who will response and suggest/advise me on what's the best thing to do, what is the Process to follow, advise on what to expect in days or months to get the work done or should i really consider name correction?

Show me some light

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X