Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving the Company where H1B is in Adminstrative Process. Will that affect future H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving the Company where H1B is in Adminstrative Process. Will that affect future H1

Dear All,

I recently went for H1B stamping at Chennai Consulate and my case been put on Administrative processing. Since it will take lot of time I am going to resign from my current company(H1b Petitioner).

My employer is now threatening me saying if you leave now, it will be a negative point in your profile and you may have problems in your future US Visas. Is that true?

Kindly pour in your experiences.

PS: During my H1b Visa Interview, they didnt requested for any other documents. They issued a Blu slip with Administrative Processing checked and returned my Passport immediately.

Thanks,
    hellomyworld

No, It won't effect to your future H1B. But as you get blue slip from visa officer I think some time later you will be asked by embassy to submit required documents. In that case again you need to contact your previous company. So i would prefer you to stay in previous company for some time until you get confirmation on this H1B. One of my friend faced the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by CES View Post
      No, It won't effect to your future H1B. But as you get blue slip from visa officer I think some time later you will be asked by embassy to submit required documents. In that case again you need to contact your previous company. So i would prefer you to stay in previous company for some time until you get confirmation on this H1B. One of my friend faced the same situation.
      Thanks CES for your reply. But once I step out of the company they will withdraw my petition. So I guess in my case it wont happen.

Comment

Originally posted by hellomyworld View Post
        Thanks CES for your reply. But once I step out of the company they will withdraw my petition. So I guess in my case it wont happen.
        Then in that case nothing will happen to your future H1B. But rather than withdraw better to have that approved H1B petition because in future if you want to go H1B again you don't need to go for lottery system.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X