Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 to H1B without OPT/CPT (Do I need to notify my university about my H1B filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1B without OPT/CPT (Do I need to notify my university about my H1B filing?

Hello everyone,

Very glad to be a part of this forum. I'm a Clinical research professional with one year work experience and masters in clinical research. Last year, I applied for H1B from my home country, India through a consultancy, but didn't get through in the lottery. This year, in the month of January, I came to the U.S. on F1 visa to pursue International MBA. This year, I'm again applying for H1B through the same consultancy in India. After a thorough research, I learnt that I'm eligible to apply for H1B, though I do not have OPT/CPT status. My concern here is, Do I have to notify my university about it, well before the H1B filing or Is it fine to let them know once the petition is accepted?

This is very important for me to know as I have been trying to get H1B from the past 3 years and this time I do not want to lose any opportunity or make any blunders that would affect my efforts.

Your help and assistance is highly appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pravallika.

If your university is accredited and you have received your master's degree you can apply for h-1b under masters quota
    You cannot start working till your change of status is approved

Do notify your university about application being made and job opportunity that you have in future

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X