Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer and H4 stamping with Old petition - Question

Hello looking for expert's answers.

My current petition is valid until Jan '2015, my wife is India and her H4 Visa interview is scheduled on April 1st week. In between I have applied H1 transfer and my question is if H1 transfer is successful before April 1st week should I cancel my wife H4 stamping appointment date (as I will be getting new I-797 approvals and my wife DS-160 form will be having previous petition number) or she can still go for Visa stamping with old petition? Will consulate know during Visa interview if my H1 transfer happens and H4 shows previous petition?
    Please respond to me as soon as possible.

Originally posted by chandra_123 View Post
    Hello looking for expert's answers.

My current petition is valid until Jan '2015, my wife is India and her H4 Visa interview is scheduled on April 1st week. In between I have applied H1 transfer and my question is if H1 transfer is successful before April 1st week should I cancel my wife H4 stamping appointment date (as I will be getting new I-797 approvals and my wife DS-160 form will be having previous petition number) or she can still go for Visa stamping with old petition? Will consulate know during Visa interview if my H1 transfer happens and H4 shows previous petition?
    Please respond to me as soon as possible.
    Your spouse should attend interview with the petition of the employer with whom would you be working with at the time of the interview.

Similarly, at the Port Of entry, your wife should present the petition of the employer with whom you would be working with at the time of her entry to the US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your response, so that means, even though my H1 transfer happens if I still working for old company (employer with old petition) my wife should show old petition during H4 interview correct?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X