Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa

All:

I am on H1b visa. Last year in August, my company renewed my H1 along with my wife's I-539, my H1b approval was received immediately. For my wife we received a receipt for her I-539 application. We were told that her I-539 should be approved in 3 months. But this wait has now extended for almost 7 months.

To compound the issue further, her passport expires in 3 months (July 2014). Her I-539 is yet to be approved and in the mean while I have got a new job and plan to move ahead with the offer.

My questions are as below
    1. Can the new company apply for her I-539 along with my transfer H1 even though the passport expires in June or should she leave the country?
    2. If in case she leaves the country what are the procedures that need to be taken for her to get her visa stamped and rejoin me in the US?

Your input and suggestions will be much appreciated

Thanks

bbiyer

Hello
    Raise service request with uscis to know status of h4 extension
    On parallel immediately get your wife's passport extended prefer tatkal service
    If h4 has been extended your new employer can file for your dependent along with you
    If earlier h4 extension is not approved try getting it updated in premium or your dependent come back to home country and go for fresh stamping after your H1 has been ported to new organization

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X