Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed on how to get a new I-94 for a new H1B (cap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed on how to get a new I-94 for a new H1B (cap)

Hi everyone,

my I 94 is expiring in Aug 2014, on my passport expiration date. Right now, I am on cap exempt H1B (valid for another 2.5 years) and I have a potential employer who wants to process H1B (cap H1) for me. As the application has to be submitted before April 1, is there anyway that I can get a new I 94 before April 1, 2014. I will get my passport renewed in next 2 days only!
    - I talked to Chicago CBP who told its immposible to get new I 94 from there.
    - Also, I would like to know the USA border crossing is an effective way to get I 94. ( I leave in Arkansas)

Any help on this topic is appreciated. Thank you!

Originally posted by anj_viv View Post
    Hi everyone,

my I 94 is expiring in Aug 2014, on my passport expiration date. Right now, I am on cap exempt H1B (valid for another 2.5 years) and I have a potential employer who wants to process H1B (cap H1) for me. As the application has to be submitted before April 1, is there anyway that I can get a new I 94 before April 1, 2014. I will get my passport renewed in next 2 days only!
    - I talked to Chicago CBP who told its immposible to get new I 94 from there.
    - Also, I would like to know the USA border crossing is an effective way to get I 94. ( I leave in Arkansas)

Any help on this topic is appreciated. Thank you!
    following 3 ways, choose most cost effective and comfortable to you:

- Nearest CBP office with latest passport copy (high chance they will not consider)
    - exit US and re-enter, you'll get new I-94 - you mightneed Visa Stamping for this (as Visa would have already expired)
    - go back to your home country, get Visa Stamping and travel to US (you don't have sufficent time for this)
    - your new employer can actually file requesting Cap Exempt as you are currently in US, you have not met cool off of 1 year to become eligible for complete 6 years; you will anyways get the filing done only for 2.5 years, so better file Cap exempt- this will exsure extended i-94 is issued along with petition approval.

Comment

Originally posted by parag1jain View Post
      following 3 ways, choose most cost effective and comfortable to you:

- Nearest CBP office with latest passport copy (high chance they will not consider)
      - exit US and re-enter, you'll get new I-94 - you mightneed Visa Stamping for this (as Visa would have already expired)
      - go back to your home country, get Visa Stamping and travel to US (you don't have sufficent time for this)
      - your new employer can actually file requesting Cap Exempt as you are currently in US, you have not met cool off of 1 year to become eligible for complete 6 years; you will anyways get the filing done only for 2.5 years, so better file Cap exempt- this will exsure extended i-94 is issued along with petition approval.
      Thank you for the reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X