Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling internationally on I-797

Hello folks,

I have a valid I -797, but the stamped H1B visa on passport has expired long ago. Now, I am to travel internationally, I will have to get visa sticker on my passport from country of citizenship, but the question is, I do not have direct flight to home country.

What problems should I expect with valid I-797, and expired visa on the passport at transit airports? I ask this question, because I-797 is a legally valid document for the US, but may not be a valid travel document for a transit country.

I can transit through European and gulf countries.

Many thanks in advance.

Originally posted by electricfern View Post
    Hello folks,

I have a valid I -797, but the stamped H1B visa on passport has expired long ago. Now, I am to travel internationally, I will have to get visa sticker on my passport from country of citizenship, but the question is, I do not have direct flight to home country.

What problems should I expect with valid I-797, and expired visa on the passport at transit airports? I ask this question, because I-797 is a legally valid document for the US, but may not be a valid travel document for a transit country.

I can transit through European and gulf countries.

Many thanks in advance.
    There are some EU countries which need you to have a valid US visa while using their airports while transiting.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for a quick answer.

I have heard that too, but I am unable to find which countries exactly need a valid visa to travel and which don't. Hence I posted this question. I am sure, I am not the first one to be in such situation. Anybody gone through such case is here, and can comment.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Found https://www.immihelp.com/foreign-tra...ia-usa-travel/
        Going to check with each and every consulate to confirm.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X