No announcement yet.

H1 and L1 Processing at same time from different Employer - Valid or Invalid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and L1 Processing at same time from different Employer - Valid or Invalid

Respected Sir,

I have query regarding Visa Stamping and L1 & H1 visa.

I am working for the company X. Company want to start L1 process for me.
    Same time, I have applied for H1 B visa for the year 2015 quota and it is filed by company Y.

If my current company start L1 process then L1 would be approved before the H1 stamping.

I have following questions:
    1. Can I start L1 process from my current company [X] Can 2 petition be processed at same time ? [L1 and H1 belongs to different company. L1 belong to X and H1 belongs to Y company]

2. Is there any problem in H1 stamping, if I already have L1 visa? Or Vice-versa ? Both would be filled in the same year.

3. Can both visa stamped in my passport ?

4. Up to what time I can delay my H1 visa stamping process?

Your valuable guidance would help me to take decision.
    Please reply me ASAP.

Originally posted by Rambo1983 View Post
    Respected Sir,

I have query regarding Visa Stamping and L1 & H1 visa.

I am working for the company X. Company want to start L1 process for me.
    Same time, I have applied for H1 B visa for the year 2015 quota and it is filed by company Y.

If my current company start L1 process then L1 would be approved before the H1 stamping.

I have following questions:
    1. Can I start L1 process from my current company [X] Can 2 petition be processed at same time ? [L1 and H1 belongs to different company. L1 belong to X and H1 belongs to Y company]

2. Is there any problem in H1 stamping, if I already have L1 visa? Or Vice-versa ? Both would be filled in the same year.

3. Can both visa stamped in my passport ?

4. Up to what time I can delay my H1 visa stamping process?

Your valuable guidance would help me to take decision.
    Please reply me ASAP.
    1. Yes as both are independent.
    2. Generally L1 visa will be cancelled if H1 visa stamping is approved. And vice versa. Similarly if you already have H1 stamped in passport, it would be cancelled if you go for L1 stamping and L1 visa is approved.
    3. Generally NO.
    4. H1 can only start from 01-Oct-2014. And you can attend H1 stamping only by around Aug 1st Week. So if you get L1 stamping by then, would advise to see if you have really good documentation (client letters decent salary, etc) for the H1 employer and only then risk going for the H1 stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X