Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entry to USA with H-1B

Hello,
    I currently hold an Indian passport and work in Texas based on my H1-B. My current employer is sending me to the UK for 6 months with "Skilled worker transfer" visa. After 6 months I am planning to visit India and then return to the USA. However my manager concerned about whether there will be a problem with my returning to the US from India as I left to USA for UK. My question is,would I be able to re-enter with my H-1B if I am coming from India instead of UK?

Thank you!

Originally posted by jigss1987 View Post
    Hello,
    I currently hold an Indian passport and work in Texas based on my H1-B. My current employer is sending me to the UK for 6 months with "Skilled worker transfer" visa. After 6 months I am planning to visit India and then return to the USA. However my manager concerned about whether there will be a problem with my returning to the US from India as I left to USA for UK. My question is,would I be able to re-enter with my H-1B if I am coming from India instead of UK?

Thank you!
    You should not have any problem re-entering US from any country as long as you have a valid H1 visa and corresponding active petition during re-entry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You should not have any problem re-entering US from any country as long as you have a valid H1 visa and corresponding active petition during re-entry.

Thank you for your opinion. I do have my H1-B stamping bu what is corresponding active petition during re-entry? Also, I will be staying in India for 2 months but I will be getting paid. Would it be a problem? I mean would there be any issue foe staying that long in India with pay on?

Thank you again!

Comment

Whats the start and end end date on the I797?

Comment

Whats the start and end end date on the I797?
          My I-797 is valid from October 1st 2013 to September 19th 2016. I will be coming back from India on December 28th2015.

Comment

Originally posted by jigss1987 View Post
            My I-797 is valid from October 1st 2013 to September 19th 2016. I will be coming back from India on December 28th2015.
            In that case it shouldnt be an issue.

Comment

In that case it shouldnt be an issue.

Thank you very much!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}