X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left over part of H1 B

Hi,

Can someone please help with my case.

I went to US on F1, finished MS, worked on OPT and filed for H1 B which started in oct 2006. I worked in the US till may 2010 and returned to India due to an emergency. I was on personal leave till July 2010 (also got paid for accrued leave) and resigned from that position. Then they had withdrawn their H1B end of July 2010.
    Now I'm planning to go to USA for my MBA which will complete in May 2016. I have a few questions regarding my H1 B.

1. If I find an employer right away who is willing to do H1 under new cap, how can I maintain status from May till Oct as I'm not eligible for second OPT?
    2. As I still have 2 years left from my previous H1, can I use it after my MBA?
    3. From May 2010-May 2016 it will be six years out of H1 status, so am I still eligible for left over H1 if I file before May? Since I was on US payroll till July 2010, will I have time till July 2016 to change my status to H1-B.
    Please do clarify when I will lose eligibility for my left over H1. Will it be May 2016 or July 2016 or since I'm going back to USA 4 years I left (on F1) will that make any difference?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X