Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer - very urgent. Facing bigger issue now. Need help

Hi,

I have an issue an issue with the 6 yrs time period. Please help.

I was at US from April 2008 till Dec 2011 with L1 Visa. (3.9 Yrs). L1 was expried in April 2011 but was staying with I94 till December 2011.
    Applied new H1B on April 1st 2012 (after four months from L1 Visa) while in India, it is approved by USCIS and got it Stamped in November 2012 for 3 years till October 2015. (Please note previous stay was specifically highlighted in the H1B petition).

Came to US back in September 2013 (Florida) after a gap of 1 year and 8 moths. Now i applied for H1 Transfer to another company and the attorney filed for 3 yrs. (I specifically put the details to her and he said, i'm eligible for another 5.5 yrs in H1B as there is an Out of Stay in US for 1.8 months (though my stay in L1B Stautus and H1B filing is only 4 months gap).

Now i got an RFE to prove my out of country status of 1.8 yrs. But my biggest worry now is how the 6 yrs stay will be calculated in my case. And is the Attorney word can be taken that i'm eligble for 3 yrs (and additional 2.5 years totalling 5.5 yrs left in the H1B). Or there is any chance of issue or denial in my case cosnidering there is hardly four month gap from my L1B stay and H1B applied though i travelled only after 1.8 yrs. I'm very worried as i have quit my previous employer and joined the new company (which is a big MNC too).

Please help me...

Thanks,
    Sachin Ramdev Pilot.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X