Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long for Visa Administrative Processing - H1B

Dear All,

Last week I received my H1-B approval from my employer, few days later I went to the embassy in London to get the Visa expecting to get it straight away. To my shock I was told that it would need further processing this takes about 1 month. Is that because I was born in the Middle East? I hold a British passport and have been to the USA on the visa waiver program.

I guess the Further Processing is probably a security check .. didn't they do one before granting me the H1-B approval .. as it comes from the Immigration & Naturalization Division?

Does any one know how long this procedure would take? Would my employer in the USA be able to speed things up?

One last question, can I ask them to transfer my papers temporary to Canada (where I have an immigrant status) so once the approval arrives … one of the consulates in Canada would give me the visa?

Many thanks,

Fady

Yes sir, because you were born in Middle East, thats the reason for he administrative processing (Which most of the times is just a security check). The way H1 Visas get approved by CIS is very basic in nature and they overlook many aspects while processing the cases (which are thousands in nos.)..so the embassy and your neighbourhood Consular comes in picture and starts his day as an immigration policeman. I won't suggest you too transfer it to Canada, as it will only make them more suspicious.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X