Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-2B Visa processing and fraud case

Hello Everyone,

Just couple of hours back my relative who is from India called me, and he said, he got a job offer from Company "ZACHRY Holding Company " based in Texas, and he is going to US embassy for stamping. Then I started asking few questions like which company, which place, what visa etc...

About a month back he received a email from this company and they are looking for civil engineering experienced candidates, my relative applied for that position through email by sending his profile and experience letters. They had accepted it and they conducted a one round telephonic interview and said he got selected for that position. They said they will process H-2B visa.

Then the story starts, they started sending him emails, asking for to deposit money to their account. Funny and interesting part here is they gave following details and to deposit the money directly to their account and introducing him as a US Embassy Diplomat appointed by USA.

My relative believed it and called on this number and explained that he got selected for position 'Civil Engineer' in company "ZACHRY Holding Company" and asked start the visa processing as suggested by the company 'ZACHRY Holding Company'. This guy 'Edward George' started calling my relative every day and asking for documents to fill and at the same time asking money to deposit in his account which he was provided over the phone. Here the bad part is my relative did not enquired for anything and started depositing the money which he asked and sent his copy of documents also. As on today he deposited around 8 Lakhs to their account.
    Diplomat: Edward George
    Embassy Of The United States Of America, India.
    Phone: +917506308948
    Email Address: [email protected]

Just couple of day back he received a mail again from " U S EMBASSY VISA OFFICE MUMBAI <[email protected]>" saying as following
    ==========================
    Dear Candidate Name,

Congratulations. Your visa has been approved today by the United States Ambassador in the U.S. Embassy office in Mumbai and we requested you to come to the U.S. Embassy Mumbai for your visa stamping on 10/04/2014, which is next week Thursday and we have received the hard copy of your Air Ticket sent to us by your management today which will be handing over to you on the day of your visa stamping and you need to pay for your Visa collecting (1,300 USD) and Cash In Transit (CIT) (1,550) Fees total sum of (2,850) Us Dollar equivalent to (171,500) Indian Rupees.
    You need to deposit this money before 2days to come to the Embassy office for your visa stamping. Please don't forget the date and you need to come to U.S. Embassy along with the original copy of your International Passport and your payment receipts.

Thanks and regards,
    Diplomat Edward.
    ==========================

Need a suggestion and how to tackle this to get the money back from these guys.
    When I surfed for this H-2B visa, it was shocked me that India is not listed in the eligible countries under H-2B program.

Please advise and suggest.

Thanks
    Praveen

"Hello Praveen,
    We also paid the amount like ur relative.We paid around 4 lakhs.And we are struggling to get back the money back.When i asked for the amount back by telling we are not interested,that guy sent one more form of Reserve Bank of India and asked us to pay around 40,000 to get our money back.My Mail id is [email protected] reply back what happened to your relative.If possible send me your relative mobile number or ur mobile no to my mail id.I will contact you for further details and it will be great help to us.

Thanks,
    Tamil Maran.A

Comment

**** employment email for Civil Engineer in US

Hi,

My uncle also received a similar email for job offer claiming to be from "RJM Companies, United States of America".
      Before he responded, I surfed the internet for checking the validity of this offer and found your posts.
      Thank You for posting this, we did not fall prey to this **** email.

The email has the below content:
      ============================================================ =============================
      Dear Applicant,

This is an Affirmation that your Experiences and Qualifications were found suitably and qualified for the requirements of RJM Companies, United States of America. This document attached embodies the approved Terms for the purpose of this contract. We take this opportunity to congratulate you on selection and look forward to a long mutually beneficial association. We trust our relationship will be guided by a quest for excellence in all facets as based on a foundation of mutual respect and sincerity in all dealing, Welcome abroad!

Now, you are to contact the Diplomatic personnel appointed by The United States of America in India for the procurement of your Valid Visa and Employment / Residence Permit papers as we are having a contract agreement with them for the easiest acquisition of employees necessary valid traveling document which will empower you to live and work in United States. Note that you must inform him that you got an appointment letter from RJM Companies, United States.

THE DESIGNATED DIPLOMAT CONTACT DETAILS ARE WRITTEN BELOW:
      Consul General: Peter Haas
      Embassy Of The United States Of America, India.
      Phone: +919764549661
      Email Address: [email protected]

Consul General Peter Haas will process our expatriates their Valid travel papers from U.S. Embassy in India, because we have sent all documents required with your three years work permit VISA application to U.S. Embassy in India for VISA processing. The diplomat was appointed by the US Embassy to process our selected candidate's visa in {ASIA ZONE} in order to avoid refusal or denial of VISA / Work Permits by United States Embassy. We urge you to comply and co-operate with him so as to enable you get your Valid United States Employment Visa/ Residence Permit.

Note; You are to bear your travel documents processing expenses upfront to prove your seriousness and commitment to work with our reputable organization. After your travel documents are ready, we shall proceed with the securing of your accommodation, feedings, hospitality and air ticket here in the United States at the company's Esta and transfer to the consular in charge of your VISA.

Also, remember that any Expenses you make on the process of registering your documents shall be refunded back to you on joining as you submit your expenses report.
      Contact the diplomat immediately to start your VISA processing because you have to resume in office on 21TH- September- 2014. Update us with the process between you and the Diplomat in charge of your Visa, in case of advice where necessary.
      We hope to see you soon.
      Congratulations!!!

Thanks and Regards,
      Mr. David Williams.
      Human Resources Manager.
      RJM Companies, USA.
      ============================================================ =============================

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X