Need advice around medical expenses handling for special cases on H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice around medical expenses handling for special cases on H1B

I am from India and may travel to USA with family on H1B/L1 visa in a year's time. I have 6 years old daughter who is cerebral palsy patient (mild - moderate range). She would need regular physiotherapy, development assistance programs (we do it everyday here in India for her), orthopedic consultancy, orthosis consultancy etc.

I need to understand what all among these do get covered in insurance plans in H1-B case and what is the impact on insurance cost if I seek coverage for all these expenses for my daughter (if option available to have all these covered).

Appreciate if you could share any details around these.

Thanks,
    Sumit

Hi

What you need to find out is whether or not your employer provides health care to their employees. Many large companies have plans that cover every employee plus their families. If that's the case, your out-of-pocket expenses will be bearable.

If not, you'll have to shop for an insurance plan on the open market. Luckily, due to the Affordable Care Act that is now in place, insurance companies can no longer discriminate (meaning charge elevated rates) for people with pre-existing conditions. Still, your health care plan for you, your wife and your daughter will cost approximately $1,250 per month, with a $6,000-per-year, per-person maximum deductible. In plan English, you'd have to pay about $1,000 per month in premium, and then another $500 per month for your daughter's care. I would suggest you just research health insurance rates on the Internet. But before you do, check with your employer though.

Apart from this you will get social security from government for cerebral palsy patient, It is free of cost like Charity people come to your house and educate your child, ook them to the school, teach them how to do things. They try to help you so that your family will get free time to live their lives. I feel this is very useful needs for cerebral palsy patient parents. you can search on Google regarding this program or ***.

For Medical Insurance you can compare
    *** this is most expensive one but you will find some cheap as well.

The United States is a fabulous country to live in, but its social net is sub-standard and health care and education are in the hand of for-profit, private businesses, making it the most expensive in the world.
    Source(s):
    An immigrant from Europe, I now live on the American Rivera in the charming old mission town San Buenaventura and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, Calif.

Originally posted by sumitkumarmb View Post
    I am from India and may travel to USA with family on H1B/L1 visa in a year's time. I have 6 years old daughter who is cerebral palsy patient (mild - moderate range). She would need regular physiotherapy, development assistance programs (we do it everyday here in India for her), orthopedic consultancy, orthosis consultancy etc.

I need to understand what all among these do get covered in insurance plans in H1-B case and what is the impact on insurance cost if I seek coverage for all these expenses for my daughter (if option available to have all these covered).

Appreciate if you could share any details around these.

Thanks,
    Sumit
    Last edited by brotherpetter; 05-10-2014, 04:34 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X