Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 while having h1b visa

Hi All,

I applied for H1b last year and worked for oct and nov and came to india due to personal reasons. In December, i had successful h1b stamping at hyd consulate. I am still in india and due to family reasons i cannnot work now and instead of applying cos after going to USA i want to convert to h4 while in india.

now can i go again for H4 stamping at hyd consulate while having valid h1b visa and enter usa. will i be questioned as why i want to convert to h4 and will i be asked any questions on my h1b

thanks in advance,

Originally posted by wanthelp View Post
    Hi All,

I applied for H1b last year and worked for oct and nov and came to india due to personal reasons. In December, i had successful h1b stamping at hyd consulate. I am still in india and due to family reasons i cannnot work now and instead of applying cos after going to USA i want to convert to h4 while in india.

now can i go again for H4 stamping at hyd consulate while having valid h1b visa and enter usa. will i be questioned as why i want to convert to h4 and will i be asked any questions on my h1b

thanks in advance,
    Yes, as long as your spouse is maintaining H1 status you can apply for H4. Whether you would be questioned or not about H1 is at the discretion of the officer, but normally you wouldnt be. You can always say you are taking a break and want to spend time at home or enhance your skill sets and want to be on H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes, as long as your spouse is maintaining H1 status you can apply for H4. Whether you would be questioned or not about H1 is at the discretion of the officer, but normally you wouldnt be. You can always say you are taking a break and want to spend time at home or enhance your skill sets and want to be on H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

thank u for your quick reply raghvi. one more question what will happen to my h1b visa stamp if i get my h4 visa and my husband is also in india working here building offshore team. His paychecks are runned while he is india . will this be an issue for me (should spouse be in usa if the paychecks are runned) as i have to show spouse 3 months paystubs

one more question how many unpaid leaves one can have on h1 to be used in india raghvi?

waiting for your reply,

thanks,
      sabita
      Last edited by wanthelp; 04-21-2014, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wanthelp View Post
        thank u for your quick reply raghvi. one more question what will happen to my h1b visa stamp if i get my h4 visa and my husband is also in india working here building offshore team. His paychecks are runned while he is india . will this be an issue for me (should spouse be in usa if the paychecks are runned) as i have to show spouse 3 months paystubs

one more question how many unpaid leaves one can have on h1 to be used in india raghvi?

waiting for your reply,

thanks,
        sabita

please reply raghvi and other members. really need help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X