X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIB Transfer query

Hi There,

Hope you are doing good.

I have a question regarding my H1B . I have a H1B visa from my current employer (Let say A) which is valid till May 2015. I visited USA for business on the current H1B visa and came back to India last month. I got my SSN number too. But now , I want to come back again to USA. So is it possible to transfer the H1B visa to some other employer (Let say B) while I am in India ?

What if the transfer gets rejected while transferring to employer B ? Will the current status for the employer A will also get cancelled if transfer gets rejected ? Can multiple employer hold a single H1B visa for an employee simultaneously ?

I would be very grateful to you if kindly reply back to my queries .

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by sohamdey_2006 View Post
    Hi There,

Hope you are doing good.

I have a question regarding my H1B . I have a H1B visa from my current employer (Let say A) which is valid till May 2015. I visited USA for business on the current H1B visa and came back to India last month. I got my SSN number too. But now , I want to come back again to USA. So is it possible to transfer the H1B visa to some other employer (Let say B) while I am in India ?

What if the transfer gets rejected while transferring to employer B ? Will the current status for the employer A will also get cancelled if transfer gets rejected ? Can multiple employer hold a single H1B visa for an employee simultaneously ?

I would be very grateful to you if kindly reply back to my queries .

Thanks in advance!
    Yes it is possible to "transfer". Actually there isnt anything that gets transferred. Another employer files their own Cap exempt H1 petition and if approved, you can use that petition to travel on the existing visa till May 2015. The current employer's petition also remains valid. When you enter the US, you have to show the petition and supporting documents (employment letter etc) of the employer you would be working for.

Visa and Petition are different things. Each company has to file their own petition. Multiple employers can file petition for same employee, the same visa can be used for the different petitions.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X