Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa for Wife

Hi,

I am currently in US on H1B and my stamping is valid through October 10th 2014. I've already applied for my extension (Regular/Normal Processing), hoping for 3yrs extension. I am getting married in August and my wife will be going for her H4 Visa stamping in Hyderabad. I am worried, will there be any problem for her H4 with just 1 month of my valid stamping visa? Will she get her H4 for just 1 month i.e., till oct 10th 2014(My visa expiration) or till whatever my new i797 approval date has?

Or do I need to also go for my H1 stamping along with her?

Thanks,
    Pavan

Originally posted by PavanKank View Post
    Hi,

I am currently in US on H1B and my stamping is valid through October 10th 2014. I've already applied for my extension (Regular/Normal Processing), hoping for 3yrs extension. I am getting married in August and my wife will be going for her H4 Visa stamping in Hyderabad. I am worried, will there be any problem for her H4 with just 1 month of my valid stamping visa? Will she get her H4 for just 1 month i.e., till oct 10th 2014(My visa expiration) or till whatever my new i797 approval date has?

Or do I need to also go for my H1 stamping along with her?

Thanks,
    Pavan
    If she goes to stamping with your extended petition she most probably would get 3 Years...

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the response Raghvi!!

- Pavan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X