Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap exempt query

Hi

An employer filed me H1B in 2008 and it was approved. At that time the employer didn't encourage me to come to US due to poor market condition. He didn't sent me any documents related to my petition as well.
    Assuming my petition is expired by this time, can any other employer file a new petition for me ? Will it come under CAP ?

Thanks & regards
    -indianjoe

Originally posted by indianjoe View Post
    Hi

An employer filed me H1B in 2008 and it was approved. At that time the employer didn't encourage me to come to US due to poor market condition. He didn't sent me any documents related to my petition as well.
    Assuming my petition is expired by this time, can any other employer file a new petition for me ? Will it come under CAP ?

Thanks & regards
    -indianjoe
    If not the approval notice, you would at least need the receipt number of the previous H1 to initiate a transfer. Also, I believe one can do so only within 6 Year so it depends when in 2008 was it approved.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If not the approval notice, you would at least need the receipt number of the previous H1 to initiate a transfer. Also, I believe one can do so only within 6 Year so it depends when in 2008 was it approved.

thanks, I have the receipt number with me
      If it is more than 6 yrs i have to submit petition under a new cap ?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X