H4 extension based on I140 approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension based on I140 approval

I am planning to file the H4 extension for my dependents with my H1B (To be clear, I just got my I-140 approval so I am going to file my H1B extension based on that. Also, I don't know the end date or receipt number since I haven't filed my H1B yet).
    But I got stuck with these questions in the I-539 form and no idea what to fill. Can anyone please help me on this?

Part 3: Processing Information

1) I/We request that my/our current or requested status be extended until (mm/dd/yyyy): [[No idea what date I have to enter here since there is no date available in my I-140 notice]]

2) Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse, child, or parent?

No or Yes USCIS Recepit #: [[Do I need to enter I-140 receipt number here?]]

3) Is this application based on a separate petition or application to give your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status? ----No or -----Yes, filed with this I-539.

---- Yes, filed previously and pending with USCIS. Receipt #:

Also, do I need fill anything else specifically when I file H4 based on I-140?
    Last edited by shansubra; 04-25-2014, 04:41 PM.

Originally posted by shansubra View Post
    I am planning to file the H4 extension for my dependents with my H1B (To be clear, I just got my I-140 approval so I am going to file my H1B extension based on that. Also, I don't know the end date or receipt number since I haven't filed my H1B yet).
    But I got stuck with these questions in the I-539 form and no idea what to fill. Can anyone please help me on this?

Part 3: Processing Information

1) I/We request that my/our current or requested status be extended until (mm/dd/yyyy): [[No idea what date I have to enter here since there is no date available in my I-140 notice]]

2) Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse, child, or parent?

No or Yes USCIS Recepit #: [[Do I need to enter I-140 receipt number here?]]

3) Is this application based on a separate petition or application to give your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status? ----No or -----Yes, filed with this I-539.

---- Yes, filed previously and pending with USCIS. Receipt #:

Also, do I need fill anything else specifically when I file H4 based on I-140?
    I believe H4 can only be extended based on H1 extension approval not I-140 approval. So first you got to extend your H1. You can apply H1 and H4 extension together.

What is the end date of your current H1 and your spouse H4? What is the I-94 date for H1 and H4?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I believe H4 can only be extended based on H1 extension approval not I-140 approval. So first you got to extend your H1. You can apply H1 and H4 extension together.

What is the end date of your current H1 and your spouse H4? What is the I-94 date for H1 and H4?

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Sorry if I confused you. Actually I am thinking to file the H4 with my H1B extension since I dont have my H1b approval yet so I dont know how to fill up I-539 form.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X