Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding work experience

Hi all,

I have got a job offer with Company A in US(non IT) and also got my h1 sponsered by them. The job position with Company A is relevant to my educational background and my technical work-ex. Currently, in India I am working as a "Working director" for a small start-up Company B(non IT), wherein I take care of various technical projects within the company. I have been with company B for the past 12 months, and now I am trying to join Company A as an Engineer because it is a reputed Engg consultancy in US and will offer me much better chances to fortify my career in my field of interest.

When I appear for the visa interview at the consulate, will my mentioning of my current position as "Working director" for Company B hamper my chances of visa approval.

But one thing I am sure of is that the technical expertise I gained with company B is very much needed for working at Company A.

Will it serve any purpose if I try to explain the VO as to why I am leaving my current responsibilities as a "Working director" and joining Company A as an "Engineer".

And lastly, as a Working director, I do not draw regular monthly salary from my current company B. Will it pose any problem for proving my work-ex with Company B. How best can I prove my work-ex with Company B.

Please guide me on this....

Thanks for your time,
    Maverick

Hi all,

I have got a job offer with Company A in US(non IT) and also got my h1 sponsered by them. The job position with Company A is relevant to my educational background and my technical work-ex. Currently, in India I am working as a "Working director" for a small start-up Company B(non IT), wherein I take care of various technical projects within the company. I have been with company B for the past 12 months, and now I am trying to join Company A as an Engineer because it is a reputed Engg consultancy in US and will offer me much better chances to fortify my career in my field of interest.

When I appear for the visa interview at the consulate, will my mentioning of my current position as "Working director" for Company B hamper my chances of visa approval.

But one thing I am sure of is that the technical expertise I gained with company B is very much needed for working at Company A.

Will it serve any purpose if I try to explain the VO as to why I am leaving my current responsibilities as a "Working director" and joining Company A as an "Engineer".

And lastly, as a Working director, I do not draw regular monthly salary from my current company B. Will it pose any problem for proving my work-ex with Company B. How best can I prove my work-ex with Company B.

Please guide me on this....

Thanks for your time,
    Maverick

Comment

Hi,
      The Visa officer will only want to know how your educational qualifications and work skills will fit the present profile of the US job. A working director can be an engineer. I think you should mention the present job description to match your current profile without ambiguity. Your present salary is not a matter of concern for the visa office. He will only check all credibility of the US employer.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi Veena,

Thanks for the reply. I will go ahead and put my current position as "Working director" with my present company. And coming to my job profile in my present company, I act as a Project Engineer, administering different technical projects within my present company. So I will try to convince the VO that even though I am a Working director by position, I carry out the technical and engineering activities within the company. I will try to explain to the VO about my current job duties and as to how this would prove to be relevant work-ex for my US employer.

Maverick

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X