Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I apply for a work visa from a US university? and few questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for a work visa from a US university? and few questions...

Hi,

I have graduated with a MS from an US university and am in OPT status (I would be registering for another F1 status (student visa) soon as my H1 application didn't get picked in the lottery).

Can I apply for a Work-visa (H1) from a US university or a research Institute in the US.

And is this visa too an H1B visa?

How long does it usually take to start working under this work status (or) for this H1 to get approved once an US university/research-institute applies the visa on my behalf (do they apply with the USCIS)??

Also, are people working under this university work visa (H1) are eligible to apply for an H1-transfer to an another US company later in the future if they decide to move to an another company?

Please also let me know if there are any other restrictions with these work (H1) visas obtained from the US universities/research-institutes.

Please let me know.
    Thanks Much for your time. http://www.immihelp.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.png

Hi,

Can someone please respond on this.
    If once my H1B petition with an US education-institution or a research institute gets approved, Will I be able to move to another US company (for-profit company) later in the future by applying an H1 transfer, i.e. without going through the regular H1B April process (the quota/lottery for the 65000 + 20000(for MS students) H1Bs).

Please let me know at your earliest. Thanks Much.

Comment

No you cannot. You need to be cap counted in order to move from Non Profit to Profit based Company.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

We thought there wouldn't be any restriction like that. but I was getting same updates from other forums too. Its good to know, and now we can plan accordingly. Thanks much Raghvi for the update. Also if anyone feels like there is more information to share regarding this, please do so. Thanks in Advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X