Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Suggestion on H1 and B1 visa

Hello Folks,

I need a suggestion from you. I have H-1B visa which is approved till Nov 2015 but not stamped through my previous employer. Now I came back to India for good and joined a US company. Now that US company wants me to come to US for 4-6 weeks for internal training and Project discussion and to meet other team members. Now not sure should they just transfer my H-1B visa on their name and ask me to come to USA or should I ask them to apply for B1 visa instead as I'll not be there for more than 6 weeks and I'll go there in USA for twice a year max. I dont think I should be using H1B visa for that because I still will be on Indian payroll. Just to let you know I was USA for 7 years from 2006 to 2013. First I was on F1 visa and then H1B visa. Recently I decided to come back to india.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,
    Amit

Hello, Amit.

I think you will need a B1 visa. For H1B, the payroll needs to be run in USA. You quite possibly will get a 10 year B1/B2 and you will be able to travel as and when required.

Personal opinion.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Originally posted by amitsonu38 View Post
    Hello Folks,

I need a suggestion from you. I have H-1B visa which is approved till Nov 2015 but not stamped through my previous employer. Now I came back to India for good and joined a US company. Now that US company wants me to come to US for 4-6 weeks for internal training and Project discussion and to meet other team members. Now not sure should they just transfer my H-1B visa on their name and ask me to come to USA or should I ask them to apply for B1 visa instead as I'll not be there for more than 6 weeks and I'll go there in USA for twice a year max. I dont think I should be using H1B visa for that because I still will be on Indian payroll. Just to let you know I was USA for 7 years from 2006 to 2013. First I was on F1 visa and then H1B visa. Recently I decided to come back to india.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,
    Amit
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Amit.

I think you will need a B1 visa. For H1B, the payroll needs to be run in USA. You quite possibly will get a 10 year B1/B2 and you will be able to travel as and when required.

Personal opinion.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Thanks for your Reply Nattybone but I wanted to know, immigration offier who will take my interview for visa application may ask that why I am applying for new visa when I am already holding a valid H1B visa? Right?

Comment

Hello, Amit.

He will not. Because, the visas serve different purpose. H1B is for employment in USA. B1 is for temporary work related visit while employed in another country, not USA. I do not think you can travel on H1B for a training / meeting etc.

There is no conflict. B1 and H1B are not the same visas.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Originally posted by amitsonu38 View Post
        Thanks for your Reply Nattybone but I wanted to know, immigration offier who will take my interview for visa application may ask that why I am applying for new visa when I am already holding a valid H1B visa? Right?
        These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Since you dont' work for the H1B sponsor, or get paid (or live) in the US, your H1B is out of status. B1 should be no issue.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X