Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H-4 VISA to H-1B conversion (technical and non-technical professionals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-4 VISA to H-1B conversion (technical and non-technical professionals)

Hi,
    My name is Pooja. I am currently in the US on an H-4 visa. I am a B.Sc Computer Science graduate with an MBA in Marketing and MBA in Public Relations.
    I have an year's experience working as a Public Relations Professional in India, but I have no experience working in the IT or software industry. Is there anyway that I can get in touch with a consultancy that will offer me training in Software Testing and then sponsor my H1-B visa so that I can work in the US.

Please help with the names and contact details of the consultancies that I can approach for the same.
    Is there any consultancy that offers to sponsor an H1-B for non-technical jobs based on my Marketing and Public Relations experience.
    Any other suggestions to secure a job here with my qualifications are also welcome. This would be a great help.

Thank you.

Pooja, you can go to myvisajobs.com and look through the list for h1b sponsors in your area. You cannot actually apply for an H1 until April next year. So that does give you a lot of time to prepare.

Comment

Hello, Pooja.

Your H1B getting sponsored for Marketing and PR related jobs is highly unlikely. H1B is for specialized skill and unfortunately Marketing and Advertising jobs are not considered specialized by USCIS.

As regards QA / Testing training and then sponsoring H1B, yes, there are a number of Indian Consultancies who would gladly help you here. (Caution: This would involve cooking up your resume. The consultancy shall let you know of this.) For finding out these consultancies, try Sulekha.com for Indian companies near you stay. New Jersey and Bay Area, California have a number of Indian consulting companies who can help. Important: Do read their review on Yelp.com, Desicrunch.com, Google.com before you choose a consultancy.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Pooja Rajendraprasad View Post
      Hi,
      My name is Pooja. I am currently in the US on an H-4 visa. I am a B.Sc Computer Science graduate with an MBA in Marketing and MBA in Public Relations.
      I have an year's experience working as a Public Relations Professional in India, but I have no experience working in the IT or software industry. Is there anyway that I can get in touch with a consultancy that will offer me training in Software Testing and then sponsor my H1-B visa so that I can work in the US.

Please help with the names and contact details of the consultancies that I can approach for the same.
      Is there any consultancy that offers to sponsor an H1-B for non-technical jobs based on my Marketing and Public Relations experience.
      Any other suggestions to secure a job here with my qualifications are also welcome. This would be a great help.

Thank you.
      These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X