Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 stamping while H1 amendment is in progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping while H1 amendment is in progress.

I came here on L1(stamped) and my wife on L2.
    Then I changed my employer moved to H1 with client A. After working 3 years with client A I moved to Client B(through same employer).
    Now My employer has filed for LCA and will be filing for an H1B amendment soon.

My wife is travelling to India soon and will go for H4 stamping alone. My H1 b visa amendment would have been filed by her visa appointment date but I am not sure if it would be approved by then.
    Does any body foresee any problem with this situation? I have booked the appointment giving my current H1B receipt number. However, I will send the new client letter and the H1B amendment receipt number as supporting document. Is there any chance that this will trigger any admin processing and cause any delays?

Thanks in Advance!

H4 Stamping while H1 amendment in progress

Originally posted by pinocchio View Post
    Then I changed my employer moved to H1 with client A. After working 3 years with client A I moved to Client B(through same employer).

My wife is travelling to India soon and will go for H4 stamping alone. My H1 b visa amendment would have been filed by her visa appointment date but I am not sure if it would be approved by then.
    Does any body foresee any problem with this situation? I have booked the appointment giving my current H1B receipt number. However, I will send the new client letter and the H1B amendment receipt number as supporting document. Is there any chance that this will trigger any admin processing and cause any delays?

Thanks in Advance!
    Hello,

I'm in a similar situation detailed above i.e. H4 stamping while H1b amendement in progress.

Can you please share what was result?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by newbie18 View Post
      Hello,

I'm in a similar situation detailed above i.e. H4 stamping while H1b amendement in progress.

Can you please share what was result?

Thanks!

Does someone have an answer for this situation?

Comment

As long as the amendment was filed before you moved to the new client/location, there won't be any issues. Your wife can carry your previous H1B approval notice, the amendment receipt notice and the amended LCA when she attends the visa interview.

Originally posted by pinocchio View Post

Thanks in Advance!
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X