H4 visa is asking fee for spouse who already has H1B visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa is asking fee for spouse who already has H1B visa

I am currently in US with H1B visa and planning to apply for H4 visa for my wife and daughter who are in India.

As my daughter is 4 years old, should she appear for interview (because i read about Interview waiver program for children less than 14 years old).

If interview is not required, then do i need to pay Visa fee for my daughter?

When i try to pay the visa fee from this site (https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/), it is asking fee for me as well (As i used this same profile to schedule interview for me 6 months back).

If i try to create a new profile for my wife, as i am entering my Petition details for my wife as well, this site is asking to use my profile which already exists in their database. I appreciate any help on these questions!

Originally posted by kgan View Post
    I am currently in US with H1B visa and planning to apply for H4 visa for my wife and daughter who are in India.

As my daughter is 4 years old, should she appear for interview (because i read about Interview waiver program for children less than 14 years old).

If interview is not required, then do i need to pay Visa fee for my daughter?

When i try to pay the visa fee from this site (https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/), it is asking fee for me as well (As i used this same profile to schedule interview for me 6 months back).

If i try to create a new profile for my wife, as i am entering my Petition details for my wife as well, this site is asking to use my profile which already exists in their database. I appreciate any help on these questions!
    There will still be a fee for the U.S. Consulate/Embassy to process and issue your daughter's visa even though she doesn't go to the interview.

Not sure about the DS-160 and what you mean by the site asks you to use your profile. When does it ask it?

Cheers,
    Jackie

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X