Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for H4 visa after 1 year

hi,

I am applying for H4 visa now after one year. My husband went to USA in Jan 2013
    I did not apply for H4 visa because my employer was trying for USA work visa however it got rejected. In between in Apr 2013 i applied for B2 visa and it got approved. I traveled to husbands place for 3 weeks and came back. Now i have left my job and applying for H4.

Now in this case what questions i can expect for H4?
    What should i answer to following questions -
    - Why you did not attend H4 with husband?
    - Why did you apply B2 ?

Please guide me on this.
    Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by mrs_dah View Post
    hi,

I am applying for H4 visa now after one year. My husband went to USA in Jan 2013
    I did not apply for H4 visa because my employer was trying for USA work visa however it got rejected. In between in Apr 2013 i applied for B2 visa and it got approved. I traveled to husbands place for 3 weeks and came back. Now i have left my job and applying for H4.

Now in this case what questions i can expect for H4?
    What should i answer to following questions -
    - Why you did not attend H4 with husband?
    - Why did you apply B2 ?

Please guide me on this.
    Thanks in advance.
    I wouldnt expect them to ask either of these questions nonetheless if asked you can always mention that as you were still working hence didnt resign and traveled on B2 to be with spouse for some time. You didnt do anything illegal by not applying H4 earlier or by applying B2.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghavi.

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I wouldnt expect them to ask either of these questions nonetheless if asked you can always mention that as you were still working hence didnt resign and traveled on B2 to be with spouse for some time. You didnt do anything illegal by not applying H4 earlier or by applying B2.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghavi.

Comment

MRV Receipt

Originally posted by mrs_dah View Post
        Thanks Raghavi.
        hi,

I have made the NEFT transaction for H4($190) today (6th May) morning @ 10.30am and have not received the receipt yet.
        How much time it takes to activate the receipt ?

I have got the message from bank that the amount has been credited to beneficiary's account.

Kindly guide.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X