Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inquiry regarding public display of LCA for H1B filed by the employer for 10 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiry regarding public display of LCA for H1B filed by the employer for 10 days

I have a question regarding the public disclosure of the LCA for H1B by the employer for 10 days. Employer has posted the exact LCA which contains information like name, position, exact salary/ wage rate, period of employment sought etc. Some of the information is actually pretty confidential especially the salary. I am not sure whether putting all this information publicly is the best way since all the employees in the organization can access it. I just wanted to know is there any other way the information can be presented like giving a salary range which is more than the prevailing wage rate or blocking out the salary figure or like not giving the employee names for whom LCA has been filed and giving a general number of nonimmigrant employees hired by the company etc.

Originally posted by dipjyoti View Post
    I have a question regarding the public disclosure of the LCA for H1B by the employer for 10 days. Employer has posted the exact LCA which contains information like name, position, exact salary/ wage rate, period of employment sought etc. Some of the information is actually pretty confidential especially the salary. I am not sure whether putting all this information publicly is the best way since all the employees in the organization can access it. I just wanted to know is there any other way the information can be presented like giving a salary range which is more than the prevailing wage rate or blocking out the salary figure or like not giving the employee names for whom LCA has been filed and giving a general number of nonimmigrant employees hired by the company etc.
    It has to be public. It looks like a violation of privacy but it's a requirement that everyone knows that the company is looking to hire someone in H-1B status. It's to show that they're not replacing anyone and the person is getting paid a decent salary. But yes, a salary range can be used instead of putting the actual salary on the LCA. On the I-129 form though it has to state the actual salary.

Cheers,
    Jackie

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X