Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big confusion, Experts please help me out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big confusion, Experts please help me out.

hello,
    I'll be as simple as possible. I am here on F1 and going to school full-time in Masters program (already did bachelors from U.S). a company applied for my H1b back on May 24. which has been approved today Oct 18. the big confusion i am having is
    I've travelled back to India during my application was in process. I went there in June and came back in Aug after about 2 months. i was not asked anything at the port of entry except if i've applied of an H1b, because it was mentioned on I-20 as "change of status requested", which i answered in a positive ofcourse.

Now as my h1b has been approved, what is my status at this moment. Please help me out in this confusion. can I start working or do I've to leave the U.S and get the visa stamped before i can start working.

any advice will be very much appriciated

regards,

Hi,
    If you have travelled out of US when your change of status (F1 to H1B)petition was pending, it means that you have abandoned the same. You will have to file afresh well ahead of the expiry if your present I 94 or travel out of US and re-enter on the H1B whereby you will get new I 94. Do contact the co.'s attorney for knowing the best way out.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Originally posted by veena_swsh
      Hi,
      If you have travelled out of US when your change of status (F1 to H1B)petition was pending, it means that you have abandoned the same. You will have to file afresh well ahead of the expiry if your present I 94 or travel out of US and re-enter on the H1B whereby you will get new I 94. Do contact the co.'s attorney for knowing the best way out.

Veena, thanks for the reply. I went to my International student advisor and he said that i should not worry and my status would also change to H1B because at the time the case approved i was back in the U.S. What do you think about it?
      regards,

Comment

Hi,
        Dear Veena,
        I got the copy of my approval notice today. It has an I94 attached at the bottom. Now what do u think? is my status h1b or not?
        regards,

Comment

Hi,
          Which approval is this - H1B petition approval? or Change of status approval?
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi,
            Which approval is this - H1B petition approval? or Change of status approval?
            I think its form i797A.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie_monster
              I think its form i797A.
              Both approvals come in Form I 797. You need to go through the form and give more details.
              VEENA
              (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X