Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa valid question when H1 gets approved while staying in USA

Hi,

I have a valid H4 stamping on my passport till sept 2014. My H1 got approved in 2013 and my employer could not find me a job and when consulted an attorney, we were told that we can travel back to India and re-enter back to USA with the H4 visa that is stamped on my Passport which is valid till sept 2014. Now my question is, when my H1 was approved, will my H4 visa still be valid or would it be invalid?
    Can I come back to US with the H4 visa?
    or should I go to visa stamping again for getting a H4 stamped?
    Please answer and your response appreciated.

Originally posted by prakashkrpk View Post
    Hi,

I have a valid H4 stamping on my passport till sept 2014. My H1 got approved in 2013 and my employer could not find me a job and when consulted an attorney, we were told that we can travel back to India and re-enter back to USA with the H4 visa that is stamped on my Passport which is valid till sept 2014. Now my question is, when my H1 was approved, will my H4 visa still be valid or would it be invalid?
    Can I come back to US with the H4 visa?
    or should I go to visa stamping again for getting a H4 stamped?
    Please answer and your response appreciated.
    Your H4 visa is valid till Sept 2014 and you cna use it to travel in to US. After Sept 2014, if you travel outside US, you will have to get a new visa stamped in order to be allowed re entry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X