Unique Situation (I think) - H1B renewal stamping & new H4 filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Situation (I think) - H1B renewal stamping & new H4 filing

Well to be honest I really dont know if my situation is unique or not, but a round of google searches did not yield what I am looking for...

...So my current H1B visa expires on Sep 30 2014. I have already filed for H1B extension and hopefully should have the I797 confirmation soon and when I go to visit India in November, I can use the drop-box service to get my visa stamped (as I fulfill all the criteria for the drop-box service). Normally this would not be a big deal, EXCEPT I am getting married in November. Now my plan is to land in Bombay, submit the documents to the dropbox and then a week later, get married, stay for two more weeks and return to the States with my to-be wife. (hereon referred to as just "wife"

1. Now if I am called for an interview if they don't like something in my application, does the consulate give me the date or do I have to schedule a date?
    2. My wife will then apply for H4 of course. But can she start her application process before our marriage assuming she has all the documents on the day of the interview (like the marriage certificate, wedding album and my newly stamped visa)
    3. Can my wife start looking for the visa interview dates even before we get married (like a month before) and get the date before my return flight?
    4. Lastly, how long does it take for my drop-box visa application and for my passport to be back with me, so that she can safely get a visa interview date after that.

Thanks a lot,
    Nikhil

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X