Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if I get married after applying for my H1B visa and just before the interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if I get married after applying for my H1B visa and just before the interview

This site has helped me a lot, thanks to everyone who post their experiences and suggestions.

My sponsor(new employer) has applied for my H1 VISA in Apr’13. Fortunately, I have cleared in the lottery, but the documents are still being hold by my employer, due to some reasons. There is a good chance that they would release it soon so that I can go back to India(Currently I am working in US on L1) and appear for the H1 interview.

In the meantime, when I go back, if I get married, what would be the procedure to get H4 for my wife. I am really concerned about the following items and your suggestions/tips are really helpful.

1. I am getting married after applying for VISA. And I haven’t mentioned this to my employer. Should I inform them? Or is it just a matter of mentioning this while filling my DS 160?
    2. Does my wife have to fill separate DS 160 form?
    3. Is that okay, if we don’t have wedding album?(Since we get married and appear for the VISA interview in the same month, we may not have this).

Please let me know if there is anything I need to be concerned in this matter.

In brief, I am getting married after applying for VISA. And I won’t be having album. My marriage and VISA interview happen in the same month. Any suggestions on how best we can manage this case, is highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Manu

Originally posted by manuv313 View Post
    This site has helped me a lot, thanks to everyone who post their experiences and suggestions.

My sponsor(new employer) has applied for my H1 VISA in Apr’13. Fortunately, I have cleared in the lottery, but the documents are still being hold by my employer, due to some reasons. There is a good chance that they would release it soon so that I can go back to India(Currently I am working in US on L1) and appear for the H1 interview.

In the meantime, when I go back, if I get married, what would be the procedure to get H4 for my wife. I am really concerned about the following items and your suggestions/tips are really helpful.

1. I am getting married after applying for VISA. And I haven’t mentioned this to my employer. Should I inform them? Or is it just a matter of mentioning this while filling my DS 160?
    2. Does my wife have to fill separate DS 160 form?
    3. Is that okay, if we don’t have wedding album?(Since we get married and appear for the VISA interview in the same month, we may not have this).

Please let me know if there is anything I need to be concerned in this matter.

In brief, I am getting married after applying for VISA. And I won’t be having album. My marriage and VISA interview happen in the same month. Any suggestions on how best we can manage this case, is highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Manu
    1. If they are paying for her ticket too yes you would need to inform them. Otherwise if you plan to pay, just include her in the DS-160 when you go for your H1 interview along with her.
    2. Yes each visa applicant has their own DS-160, though seems eventually you will end up filling for her :-) but yes each applicant one DS-160.
    3. You need to have marriage certificate and decent photos to prove your genuine marriage. Even if your official album takes time to come, how difficult it would be to ask a friend to take 100 odd Pics of the various ceremonies and reception along with parents/friends and get them developed before the interview?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. If they are paying for her ticket too yes you would need to inform them. Otherwise if you plan to pay, just include her in the DS-160 when you go for your H1 interview along with her.
      2. Yes each visa applicant has their own DS-160, though seems eventually you will end up filling for her :-) but yes each applicant one DS-160.
      3. You need to have marriage certificate and decent photos to prove your genuine marriage. Even if your official album takes time to come, how difficult it would be to ask a friend to take 100 odd Pics of the various ceremonies and reception along with parents/friends and get them developed before the interview?

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Let me be honest with you. Due to family reasons, this is probably going to be a register marriage. We would certainly have the wedding invitation card, marriage certificate and probably couple of pictures. So album seems to be a big concern. Please suggest.

-Regards
      Manu
      Last edited by manuv313; 05-07-2014, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manuv313 View Post
        Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Let me be honest with you. Due to family reasons, this is probably going to be a register marriage. We would certainly have the wedding invitation card, marriage certificate and probably couple of pictures. So album seems to be a big concern. Please suggest.

-Regards
        Manu
        Marriage certificate is certainly a must, try to take as many pictures as possible they sometimes ask for them.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Marriage certificate is certainly a must, try to take as many pictures as possible they sometimes ask for them.

Thanks so much for your help. This is really helpful.

Regards
          Manu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X