Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused H1B expired in Aug 2011

Hi all,

I am sorry if this question sound the same, but i have tried to get this info in the forums which was ambiguous.

I had a H1b from company A from Nov 2008 to Aug 2011 and I never traveled on that visa, came to know recently that if any company applies a H1b for me I will be under cap exempt.

My main question is, by when the H1b should stamped, cause few people in the forums mentioned its 6 yrs from the date of stamping and a consultant told me that its 6 yrs from the date of expiry.

Please respond at the earliest as I have to rush if it is 6 yrs from date of stamping.

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by bigdatadev View Post
    Hi all,

I am sorry if this question sound the same, but i have tried to get this info in the forums which was ambiguous.

I had a H1b from company A from Nov 2008 to Aug 2011 and I never traveled on that visa, came to know recently that if any company applies a H1b for me I will be under cap exempt.

My main question is, by when the H1b should stamped, cause few people in the forums mentioned its 6 yrs from the date of stamping and a consultant told me that its 6 yrs from the date of expiry.

Please respond at the earliest as I have to rush if it is 6 yrs from date of stamping.

Thanks a lot.
    Though there are no explicit guidelines around this, but in my opinion , its 6 Years from the petition start date OR 6 Years from last held H1 status in US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X