Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 VISA processes at same time

Hi Friends,

I need a big help from you. Sorry for a lengthy post. Waiting for suggestions.

My employer had filed H1B VISA this year. I don't know the lottery results and even my employer will not reveal that till July. Even though selected in lottery, I have no hopes that my employer will send me as there are bulk of applicants from my company.

Going to US is my dream

So I planned to study MS in US. I got admission in 4 colleges for FALL 2014 which will start in August 2014

Questions::
    If not selected in lottery:
    Can I attend F1 interview in July?
    Will Visa Officer(VO) know about by H1B application?
    If VO knows, what is the best way to answer why did you applied both at a time?
    Will VISA officer reject me straight away stating me as potential immigrant saying you had applied for H1?
    What we need to fill for the Question in DS 160 form for F1 Visa "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?"

If selected in lottery:
    Still can I attend F1 interview in July?
    Will Visa Officer(VO) know about by H1B application status(i.e. it was picked in lottery)?
    Do I need to cancel the H1B process before trying to apply for F1 VISA? If so It's not in my hands. What to do?
    If I can attend F1 Interview, what is the best way to answer VO why did you applied both at a time?
    What we need to fill for the Question in DS 160 form for F1 Visa "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?"

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

2 VISA processes at same time

If I am you, I would attend F1 visa for sure.

Remember, even if you have been selected in the lottery, you are yet to get the decision for that and Atleast it will take another two months if it is not a premium processing. So, the answer to the above question should be "NO".

Do not close any of your options. Try to attend the F1 visa even before July if you can. Work very hard on your F1 case and make sure to convince the officer to grand the visa. Your full focus should be on the F1 rather thinking about something which has just passed the first stage I.e lottery.

Again, no one can predict anything but you can put all your effort to justify yourself with proper documentation.

My best wishes to you!!

This is my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X