Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is H1-B Visa stamping mandatory in case of Petition Transfer to new employer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is H1-B Visa stamping mandatory in case of Petition Transfer to new employer?

Hi,

I had my H1-B petition approved and Visa stamping completed through employer X in 2012. Due to lack of opportunities, I moved over to another company in India, without travelling to US.

Now, I have found a job through in US through a consultancy firm and my H1-B petition was successfully transferred from employer X.

I have valid stamping from employer X on my passport (name of the employer mentioned) which is valid till 2015. Would i still need a fresh Visa stamping to be done or I can travel on the old stamping to US? I have not traveled to US on the the old VISA.

Any potential risks If I travel on the old stamping?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by rohanp View Post
    Hi,

I had my H1-B petition approved and Visa stamping completed through employer X in 2012. Due to lack of opportunities, I moved over to another company in India, without travelling to US.

Now, I have found a job through in US through a consultancy firm and my H1-B petition was successfully transferred from employer X.

I have valid stamping from employer X on my passport (name of the employer mentioned) which is valid till 2015. Would i still need a fresh Visa stamping to be done or I can travel on the old stamping to US? I have not traveled to US on the the old VISA.

Any potential risks If I travel on the old stamping?

Thanks in advance.
    You dont need to go for fresh stamping. Dont see any risks in travelling as long as employer seems genuine.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X