Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change from L1B to F1 and later F1 to H1B

Good Day,

I am currently working in USA on L1B visa since 2 years. According to my current employer status, I have work load for next 3 years and they will renewal my VISA (to max 5 yrs of continuous stay). I am very much interested to do masters and have some queries on the same:

1) Can I start take up masters(full time or part time) continuing in my current job starting this Dec 2014.
    2) If yes, Am I eligible to take OPT after completion of my studies (expected to get degree by Dec 2015). In Sep 2015 I am planning to change my VISA status to F1 from L1B through attorney and get an OPT by Dec-2015. (In Sep 2015 I will resign my Job up on F1 approval).
    3) If above two can be done, Can I change my OPT to H1B and stay here in USA for next 6 years (H1B limit). So my total stay will comes to 8 to 10 yrs of time without any one year gap?
    4) Later can I get my Green Card through employer while working on H1B for 6 years?

Basically I am moving from L1B to F1 and later to H1B (making 8 to 10 yrs of stay in USA without a year gap in between)

Could you please check on the above queries and help me out. Appreciate your response.

Thank you!!

Originally posted by Prudhvi Potu View Post
    Good Day,

I am currently working in USA on L1B visa since 2 years. According to my current employer status, I have work load for next 3 years and they will renewal my VISA (to max 5 yrs of continuous stay). I am very much interested to do masters and have some queries on the same:

1) Can I start take up masters(full time or part time) continuing in my current job starting this Dec 2014.
    2) If yes, Am I eligible to take OPT after completion of my studies (expected to get degree by Dec 2015). In Sep 2015 I am planning to change my VISA status to F1 from L1B through attorney and get an OPT by Dec-2015. (In Sep 2015 I will resign my Job up on F1 approval).
    3) If above two can be done, Can I change my OPT to H1B and stay here in USA for next 6 years (H1B limit). So my total stay will comes to 8 to 10 yrs of time without any one year gap?
    4) Later can I get my Green Card through employer while working on H1B for 6 years?

Basically I am moving from L1B to F1 and later to H1B (making 8 to 10 yrs of stay in USA without a year gap in between)

Could you please check on the above queries and help me out. Appreciate your response.

Thank you!!
    Duplicate post. Please post only once.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X