X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssn

Hello,

I have internship with Company A.

I went to the ssn office on May 7th. In the ssn office the lady told ill put first name as N **** * P*** where as my first name in i-94 is N **** * P **** **** .. She told if she puts full name it takes lot of time almost 2 months. Like this I should get it within 3-4 daysWe asked will I face any issue she said no .

Will I get ssn on time? I'm so worried about this whole thing.I'll be visiting SSN office tomorrow.
    Last edited by NethraPawan; 05-12-2014, 06:47 PM.

Originally posted by NethraPawan View Post
    Hello,

I have internship with Company A. My cpt is approved my start date was May 13th but the HR felt that I would not get SSN on time so the start date has been pushed to 19th May.

I went to the ssn office on May 7th. In the ssn office the lady told ill put first name as Nethravathi Pamp where as my first name in i-94 is Nethravathi Pampapura.. She told if she puts full name it takes lot of time almost 2 months. Like this I should get it within 3-4 days.The lady was like 65 yrs plus.We asked will I face any issue she said no .

Will I get ssn on time? I'm so worried about this whole thing.I'll be visiting SSN office tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Nethra
    The SSN name should match your passport, visa, I-94 otherwise later on when the employer files the I-9 there would be discrepancies.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Ssn

Thank you for the reply. But will I get ssn by wed?

I will apply for name change once I get the no
      Last edited by NethraPawan; 05-12-2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NethraPawan View Post
        Thank you for the reply. But will I get ssn by wed?

I will apply for name change once I get the no
        Maybe not. I dont think changing name just for the sake of getting an earlier SSN because an SSA officer told so, is a wise idea.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1B approved 2007

Hi All,

I have got approval H1B and H4 for my wife in 2007 December and i went USA in 2008 May and return in October 2008 and then never went. I got my SSN also at that time.

Now my question is the same H1B is valid now? or i have to apply new or we can renew same H1B .

When i took H1B it was 3 years ...and possible to extend 3 more years but i did not went after oct 2008 is possible to do renew with same H1B .

Please advise.

Thanks,
          Hari

Comment

H1B approved 2007

Hi All,

I have got approval H1B and H4 for my wife in 2007 December and i went USA in 2008 May and return in October 2008 and then never went.
            I got my SSN also at that time.

Now my question is the same H1B is valid now? or i have to apply new or we can renew same H1B .

When i took H1B it was 3 years ...and possible to extend 3 more years but i did not went after oct 2008 is possible to do renew with same H1B .

Please advise.

Thanks,
            Hari[/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X