Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing Time for H1 Regular / NAD / Receipt got selected in the Lottery

Hi All;

I am from Chennai. I found a Sponsor in USA, who had filed my H1 Permit Petition during 1st April, 2014. My Petition got selected in the Lottery and I got the Receipt Number from my Employer on 25th April, 2014.

My Petition was filed in Vermont Processing Center. Currently my Petition is in INITIAL REVIEW status.

Could you please let me know, how long it will take from here, to get to know whether my Petition is Granted as Work Permit.

Also Please let me know, the probabilities of the selected Receipts getting the Work Permit Sanctioned. Also, let me know, whether I can apply for another job (Changing my Current Employer) in USA, only with this Receipt Number (Considering that here after there wont be any setbacks in the further steps.)

Regards'
    Anandh

Originally posted by anandhapm View Post
    Hi All;

I am from Chennai. I found a Sponsor in USA, who had filed my H1 Permit Petition during 1st April, 2014. My Petition got selected in the Lottery and I got the Receipt Number from my Employer on 25th April, 2014.

My Petition was filed in Vermont Processing Center. Currently my Petition is in INITIAL REVIEW status.

Could you please let me know, how long it will take from here, to get to know whether my Petition is Granted as Work Permit.

Also Please let me know, the probabilities of the selected Receipts getting the Work Permit Sanctioned. Also, let me know, whether I can apply for another job (Changing my Current Employer) in USA, only with this Receipt Number (Considering that here after there wont be any setbacks in the further steps.)

Regards'
    Anandh
    It can take 2-4 Months for you to get approval notice in hand , if no RFE. Once you get the Approval Notice, I797, you can schedule an interview at a local US consulate for H1 interview. If H1 is stamped you can use the I797 and Stamped visa to enter US and work only for the employer on whose I797 you are entering US.

Do you want to initiate a transfer before entering US or after?

If before, then another employer can use the receipt number/approval notice and file their own petition, once the new employer's I797 is approved, you can schedule the interview and get H1 stamped and enter using the new employer's I797.

If you are planning to transfer after entering US, then you have to work at least for few pay period with current employer and then initiate a transfer.

Remember if you dont get paid while on H1 you go out of status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X