Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 from australia

hi
    i am currently in melbourne and got my H1b visa interview on 5 nov , was just curious if anyone has gone for an interview from here who's on student visa and from india , what are the fair chances of getting a visa stamped.my visitor visa has been rejected a year ago from melbourne is this gonna effect my current situation.

waitin for ur advice.

narain

Hi narain,
    It has now become a usual practice for US consulates to send the candidate to their home consulate for the first H1B stamping. It is mainly because they are not able to verify the authenticity of the testimonials produced for perusal. If you choose to attend the US consulate in australia, just have an open mind to face a redirection if it happens.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

veena
      ur statement may be true in many cases but not in ALL cases.

I got stamed in some other country this week only. i think if current company is big and education is in computer/IT stream then they wont ask you to go back to home country. Some cases if person is on business visa or visiting visa then they send it back to india but if working on workpermit then there shdnt be a issue

regards
      ddlj

Comment

Hey I did not say that he should not attend the interview at Australia. I only told him to be prepared to face a redirection if it happens. Not everyone works for big companies or studies at renowned institutions. I know it feels really bad when you go anticipating a smooth visa stamping and it does not come through for seemingly trivial issues.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi,

I am also appearing for visa interview in Singapore next week. I am also working for relatively big comapany and i also do have bachelor's degree in comp science. Let's see kya hot hai..hope for the best..but as Veena said, i am mentally prepared, if they redirect me to my home consulate.

Just have a small question to ddlj, since how long u have been working in AUS?. Because i have been working in singapore for just 4 months though i do have work permit for an year and Veena, does it really matter the duration of your stay in the foreign country..

Regards,
          Viral

Comment

for me it was 2 yr.

it shdnt matter that u r working from 4 months if they are convienced that u didnt come to spore just for stamping purpose. I heard stamping in spore is very easy compare to India.

take some proof that your contract to current company in spore is long/1 yr and u have valid visa to work till that time. if married then better go with family

cheers !!!
            ddlj

Comment

Well veena , wat you said was absolute right!!!

Narain, The bad news is there are high chances of asking such applicants to go to their country of origin for H1B visa stamping. Even in the rules, it clearly says.....

-If you dont hold Australian citizenship or Permanent residency, it is not recommended to attend for US VISA in Australia.

So if you had to face an officer who stick by the rules, then for sure you might be redirected to India, as you are a temporary resident on Student visa in AUS, and you dont stand in that rule.

The good news for you is, there are some cases where students from AUS got their H1 stamped.
              NOT A LEGAL ADVISER
              USE IT AT YOUR RISK

STRONGLY BELIVE US VISA IS A LOTTERY WON BY MANY .

Comment

h1

Thanks a lot guys for ur replies lets hope for the best but i know few cases who inspite of not being PR got their h1 stamped

thanx anyways guys

cheers
                narain

Comment

help

hey narain BEST OF LUCK mate. if u get visa tell me also coz same ehre. im right now in australia melbourne on student visa and i want to go usa on visitor visa. im planning for that. so pls if u got visa tell me what is the procedure?

thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X