No announcement yet.

Changing jobs after I-140 approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can provided your I-140 is still active. If it is withdrawn, then you cannot.

Originally posted by Axeaum View Post
    Please help me to answer my question, if you have already gone through the same situation or if you know the answer for sure.

My I140 approved with company A and I moved to Company B. Currently I have consumed 4 years out of 6 years quota. When Company B filed H1 transfer, they used my approved I140 to get the 3 years of extension. I am planning to leave the company B in another 2-3 months by that time company B will not be able to start the GC process. When I am going to join company C, will they be able to use my I-140(from company A) to get the 3 years H1B valid petition?

Thanks
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I got my I-140 approved 2 days back. Given an option, Can I switch my job now?

Hello Experts,

I got my I-140 approved 2 days back. Given an option, Can I switch my job now without losing my priority date?
      I understand that new employer has to file GC & port my priority date.

Thanks!

Comment

I-140 is approved from current employer and now got an offer from another company

Hi,

Below is my situation and I would really appreciate if somebody can provide guidance on this.

My current employer A holds my h1b visa (I am on 3rd year of h1b which will expire this year) and an approved I-140. I got an offer from employer B and this employer b is willing to do h1b transfer , h1b renewal for me and h4 renewal for my spouse. For h1 and h4 the process is straightforward where employer B has agreed to do transfer and renewal. I am confused about green card processing and have the following questions.

1. Wil employer B need to file my green card from scratch?
        2. Would I loose my priority date with employer A I.e my current employer when filing green card with new employer B ? My PD is 2015
        3.How long can employer A (current employer) hold/keep my approved I-140 legally?
        4. What if my current employer holds/keep my approved I-140 and new employer B does not sponsor me green card ?
        5. If my current employer A holds/ keeps my approved I-140 can I file h4-EAD for my spouse on that ?which means I'll be working for employer B (new) but approved I-140 of employer A(old) and my spouses EAD on that ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comment

I-140 approved and 6 years on H1-B are completing in April 2018. Need to change job

Hi,

My I-140 was approved in Feb 2017 with my current employer and i am completing my 6 years on H1-B in April 2018 (so still have one year left). Due to the projects shut downs at client side, my current employer is releasing their employees. I need to change my job. My questions are:

1. If I change my employer, will the new employer has to file my GC from the scratch i.e. PERM/I-140?
          2. If the new employer transfers my H1-B (before 6 years end), Can the new employer file my H1-B extension beyond six years using my current employer's approved i-140?

Please help me with the answers to my questions.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X