Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on H1B transfer

Hi,

I work for employer A and my H1B transfer has been filed by employer B. Due to some reason Iam not joining employer B and would comtinue to work for A. I have read in several forums that this is fine.

However, my question is:

1. If I don't join B then I would not get the approval notice from them. Would it really be required if employer A has to file an extension in future or if I choose to work for employer C down the line.

2. I hope there are no legal issues invloved if I continue to work for employer A.

Thanks
    MB

Originally posted by MB1983 View Post
    Hi,

I work for employer A and my H1B transfer has been filed by employer B. Due to some reason Iam not joining employer B and would comtinue to work for A. I have read in several forums that this is fine.

However, my question is:

1. If I don't join B then I would not get the approval notice from them. Would it really be required if employer A has to file an extension in future or if I choose to work for employer C down the line.

2. I hope there are no legal issues invloved if I continue to work for employer A.

Thanks
    MB
    1. You dont need anything from B as long as you havent started working for them.
    2. Yes , if you signed any contract with B then you may be liable for damages.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Ok thanks.

1. No I have not started working for B and would continue with A.

2. Yes I have signed an employement agreement but it does not mention anything about visa transfer. Moreover it also states:

"This agreement becomes effective upon 1. ,2. , 3. and 4. Starting job activities at the specified location on the date decided."

I have fulfilled points 1, 2 and 3 except 4. So technically the agreement would not even have any standing. Isn't it?

Thanks,
      MB

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X