Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFE - Education. Bachelor/Master degree is not matching towards work (QA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE - Education. Bachelor/Master degree is not matching towards work (QA)

Hello,
    I have got an RFE.
    I falls under Advance Degree Premium Processing Vermont center.

I did my B.E (Civil) India, and Master (Civil) USA.
    Currently working as "software quality assurance analyst". I got an RFE stating, My education is not matching towards my work.
    ---
    RFE DETAIL
    -----------
    USCIS interprets the term "degree" to mean not just any baccalaureate or higher degree. but. one in a specific specialty
    that is directly related to the proffered position.
    The record is not sufficient to establish that the evaluating official has the authority to grant college-level credit for
    training lind/or work experience. It is also noted that the transcripts for the beneficiary's civil engineering degrees do
    not appear courses closely related to the proffered position of a software quality assurance analyst. Therefore.
    further eviderce is needed.

It appears that the beneficiary may be qualified to perform services in a specialty occupation through a combination of
    education. specialized training and/or work experience in areas related to the specialty. Please submit. a letter from the
    dean or provost of the evaluating official's affiliated educational institution. stating that the evaluating ofi1dal has the
    authority to grant college-level credit for training and/or experience. The dean or provost must also state in the letter
    whether the affiliated ed ucational institution has a program for granting credit based on an individual's training and/or
    work experience.
    If you wish USCIS to make a determination on the equivalence of the beneficiary's work experience. provide
    documentation to demonstrate that:
    1. The beneflciary's work experience included the theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge
    required by the specialty;
    2. The claimed experience was gained while working with peers. supervisors. and/or subordinates who have a
    degree in specialty; and
    3. The beneflctary has recognition of expertise in the specialty evidenced by at least one type of documentation
    such as:
    (A) Recognition of expertise in the specialty occupation by at least two recognized authorities in the
    same specialty occupation;

------------------------------------
    I have done Diploma in computer Application --- (DCA -12 months course - from remotely when I was in India during my B.E) --- During H1B filed i had not submit this ( My Bad)
    I have done some trainings/some work exp. of testing ---- I had also not submit this also. ( It was my mistake )

-----------------------------------
    Please advice guys. How can I reply to this RFE.
    Last edited by rv04071; 05-17-2014, 04:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to add more details

Originally posted by rv04071 View Post
    Hello,
    I have got an RFE.
    I falls under Advance Degree Premium Processing Vermont center.

I did my B.E (Civil) India, and Master (Civil) USA.
    Currently working as "software quality assurance analyst". I got an RFE stating, My education is not matching towards my work.
    ---
    RFE DETAIL
    -----------
    USCIS interprets the term "degree" to mean not just any baccalaureate or higher degree. but. one in a specific specialty
    that is directly related to the proffered position.
    The record is not sufficient to establish that the evaluating official has the authority to grant college-level credit for
    training lind/or work experience. It is also noted that the transcripts for the beneficiary's civil engineering degrees do
    not appear courses closely related to the proffered position of a software quality assurance analyst. Therefore.
    further eviderce is needed.

It appears that the beneficiary may be qualified to perform services in a specialty occupation through a combination of
    education. specialized training and/or work experience in areas related to the specialty. Please submit. a letter from the
    dean or provost of the evaluating official's affiliated educational institution. stating that the evaluating ofi1dal has the
    authority to grant college-level credit for training and/or experience. The dean or provost must also state in the letter
    whether the affiliated ed ucational institution has a program for granting credit based on an individual's training and/or
    work experience.
    If you wish USCIS to make a determination on the equivalence of the beneficiary's work experience. provide
    documentation to demonstrate that:
    1. The beneflciary's work experience included the theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge
    required by the specialty;
    2. The claimed experience was gained while working with peers. supervisors. and/or subordinates who have a
    degree in specialty; and
    3. The beneflctary has recognition of expertise in the specialty evidenced by at least one type of documentation
    such as:
    (A) Recognition of expertise in the specialty occupation by at least two recognized authorities in the
    same specialty occupation;

------------------------------------
    I have done Diploma in computer Application --- (DCA -12 months course - from remotely when I was in India during my B.E) --- During H1B filed i had not submit this ( My Bad)
    I have done some trainings/some work exp. of testing ---- I had also not submit this also. ( It was my mistake )

-----------------------------------
    Please advice guys. How can I reply to this RFE.
    According to USCIS requirement

Requirement 3 - Your job must be in a specialty occupation related to your field of study.
    + How do I show that my degree is related to the specialty occupation?

Some of the evidence you may submit to demonstrate that your degree is related to your position includes:

A detailed explanation of the specific duties of the position, the product or service your company provides, or the complex nature of the role you will perform, and how your degree relates to the role.
    Written opinions from experts in the field explaining how the degree is related to the role you will perform.
    Printouts from online resources describing the degree fields normally associated with the occupation.
    Evidence that similar companies in your industry require similar degrees for similar positions.
    + Can I qualify without a bachelor’s degree?
    If your position qualifies as do not have at least a bachelor’s degree in a field related to your position, then you may qualify by:

Holding an unrestricted state license, registration or certification which authorizes you to fully practice the specialty occupation and be immediately engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment; or
    Having education, specialized training, and/or progressively responsible experience that is equivalent to the completion of a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation, and having recognition of expertise in the specialty. through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty. In general, 3 years of work experience or training in the field is considered as equivalent to 1 year of college.
    Note: Submit equivalency documents for all foreign degrees. If work experience is taken into account, please submit an equivalency evaluation from a college official. If the equivalency evaluation is not from the registrar, submit a statement from the school’s registrar to establish that the particular evaluating official is authorized to grant college-level credit on behalf of his or her institution.

So you need to establish a strong co relation between your Bachelor studies and current h1b job title. I dont think your bachelor or masters degree in Civil engineering had any course related to software quality assurance . If you have , you can justify with those courses.. Best of luck

Many noncitizens want to come to the United States to work. This page provides a summary of employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant visa classifications and other categories of noncitizens who

Last edited by Amit Kumar Raut; 05-19-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Got Approved for the above RFE

Hello All,
      Guys My petition got approved.
      Here what I did

1. Got all transcripts for BE, MS
      and sent for education evaluation
      2. got expert opinion letter.
      3. Employer employee was taken care by also attorney.

Hope this info.will help you guys.

Comment

Education evaluation

Hello All,
        Here what I did

Hi,

Thank you so much for the information. I am in the same situation, Do you know where you got the education & experience evaluated? If you could share it, it would very helpful & probably solve my problem too.

Thanks.

Comment

Education Evaluation

Your employer/attorney should help you out on this.

They will surely know through which agency evaluation needs to be done.
          because depends on what uscis rfe is asking based on that employer/attorney will pick education evaluation consultancy

one of the best is CCI (Credit council International).

Comment

Hi,

Please can you let me know the below mentioned details as your case is already approved

1. Education evaluation is done on basis of Marksheets/Transacripts?
            2. Can transcripts be opened or should be sent in sealed cover only?

Thank you,

Sujatha.

Comment

RFE evaluation

Hi Sujatha,

Please follow the instruction provided by your employer as well as attorney.
              Because depends on rfe you received they will ask you for all necessary documents.

In my case, I have already submitted them all of documents the one you mentioned. But not sealed.

Hope this help you. and good luck

Comment

Ok.Thanks for the information.

Hi Sujatha,

Please follow the instruction provided by your employer as well as attorney.
                Because depends on rfe you received they will ask you for all necessary documents.

In my case, I have already submitted them all of documents the one you mentioned. But not sealed.

Hope this help you. and good luck

Comment

Attorney info for RFE

Your employer/attorney should help you out on this.

They will surely know through which agency evaluation needs to be done.
                  because depends on what uscis rfe is asking based on that employer/attorney will pick education evaluation consultancy

one of the best is CCI (Credit council International).
                  Hi,

Thank you so much, I got my education and work experience evaluated from CCI. Now, my employer is asking me to find an attorney since the one they knew is not that good for working on RFEs. Is it possible for you to provide me any good attorney's info who can work on similar RFE. It would be great if you could provide some contact info.

Thanks

Comment

Urgent - RFE in I140

I am also in same situation, can you please tell me who did you use for expert opinion? or who is a good fit to be provided as export (Is it a professor or technical expert etc) and did you submit any documents again during the RFE response like your certifications or training details etc. Appreciate your response
                    Thanks
                    Raj

Comment

Hello All,
                      Here what I did

I got similar RFE now? Which evaluation company did you get the letter from? Who provided the expert letter? Was it professor or admission official?

Comment

Originally posted by SidH1bRFE View Post
                        I got similar RFE now? Which evaluation company did you get the letter from? Who provided the expert letter? Was it professor or admission official?
                        HI SidH1bRFE,

Do you know the procedure, I too got the same RFE

Comment

Originally posted by SidH1bRFE View Post
                          Guys talk to attorney based on RFE they will send out documents for evaluations. DOnt worry its simple RFE.

Comment

I also got similar RFE

Hi Guys,

Even i also got similar RFE now and my company is asking me following documents. And do anyone of you know anything about these documents?

1. documents that show that the experience was gained while working with peers, supervisor or subordinates who have a baccalaureate degree or higher.

2.Evidence of the nature and size of the former employer' businesses.

3.Documents to substantiate recognition of expertise: Copies of performance evaluations, personnel records or any other documents that reflect promotion or achievement of progressively responsible position directly related to the specialty.

Thanks,
                            Vinod

Comment

@vinodkutani ::

Please send your degree credential evaluations to recognized universities/firm approved by USCIS
                              also get expert opinion letters ( your attorney can help you on this)
                              also Performance reviews/achievement you have done before -- get those from your previous client
                              any certification you have done etcc..

These documents will help you to get H1B approved.

Thanks
                              RV

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X