Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B revoked and transfer

Hi,
    I had an approved H1B valid starting on October 2013 (I have the approval notice I-797). However, I was laid off on Jul 2013 and never used my H1B (then the H1B was revoked on November 2013).
    I was never out of status since I was under OPT and then left the country. On January 2014 I came back with a new F1 visa since I started a full time graduate program. I also got a job offer and they are filing my H1B transfer.

Will my H1B transfer petition be denied for any reason?

Thank you!

Hello, Carayae.

Your H1B petition largely depends on the employer, job offered, and the paper work submitted. A number of H1s get revoked, cancelled each year - they, as such, do not have a negative impact on future petitions.

I hope this helps. Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by carayae View Post
    Hi,
    I had an approved H1B valid starting on October 2013 (I have the approval notice I-797). However, I was laid off on Jul 2013 and never used my H1B (then the H1B was revoked on November 2013).
    I was never out of status since I was under OPT and then left the country. On January 2014 I came back with a new F1 visa since I started a full time graduate program. I also got a job offer and they are filing my H1B transfer.

Will my H1B transfer petition be denied for any reason?

Thank you!
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

H1B revoked and transfer

Thank you! My employer is one of the big 4 consulting firms ? Will that help?
      Also, I'm from Chile, if the h1b transfer doesn't work. Can they apply for the h1b1 instead?

Comment

H1 revoke / cancel, can further petitions be cancelled

Hi ALl,

I am currently in India and have an H1 approved and stamped (never traveled to US on H1) from company A. I don't feel the company A does not have projects and will not be able to send me to US. I am planning to switch my job in INDIA itself to company B. Following is my query:

I understand that as per law company A has to revoke my petition once I resign from A and company B has to submit a new petition for me to move me to US. Is there anything that the company A can do so that my other petitions from company B do not get approved OR i become ineligible for H1?

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Originally posted by KaranSingh View Post
          Hi ALl,

I am currently in India and have an H1 approved and stamped (never traveled to US on H1) from company A. I don't feel the company A does not have projects and will not be able to send me to US. I am planning to switch my job in INDIA itself to company B. Following is my query:

I understand that as per law company A has to revoke my petition once I resign from A and company B has to submit a new petition for me to move me to US. Is there anything that the company A can do so that my other petitions from company B do not get approved OR i become ineligible for H1?

Thanks in Advance.
          There is not much A can do. Do make sure you keep A's I797 approval notice copy with you without which it will be difficult to convince B to file a cap exempt petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            There is not much A can do. Do make sure you keep A's I797 approval notice copy with you without which it will be difficult to convince B to file a cap exempt petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
            Thanks a lot Raghvi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X