Different dates on H1B stamp and I797

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different dates on H1B stamp and I797

I was working for Company "A" from Oct 2011 to Aug 2012. They had filed my initial H1B with validity till Oct 2014. I got it stamped in my home country.
    I changed to Company "B" in Sept 2012 and got my H1B transferred.
    The I797 approval that I received for company B was valid till March, 2014. I came to india in Oct 2013 but my employment still with company B with long term disability leave.

Now I'm in India since the last 6 months and want to go back. Since my I797 approval date has passed. Is my visa validity still the same (Oct 2014) ??
    Do i need company "B" to file for an extension before I can go back ? OR Company B has to file for I797 extension ?
    Also, my I 94 validity is till Oct 2014.

here's the summary again:
    H1B company A - valid till Oct 2014
    employment changed to company B in Sept 2013
    I797 approval letter company B - Valid till March 2014.

How to go back ??

Any ideas anyone ?

Different dates on H1B stamp and I797

Your employer B need to apply for an extension with consular mode as you are currently out of country.

If it gets approve, then you can either go for a new stamping or you can travel with the existing visa stamped in the passport as it is valid till oct 2014.

You will get new I 94 based on the current visa validity date. Once you are here, You need to apply for another extension before the new I 94 expiry.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response.

Comment

bump !! anyone else with a different opinion ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X