X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Dilemma!!! Please help

Hi,

This is our situation.
    My husband's visa was valid from 2010 and expired on 28th September 2014.
    After coming back to USA he got an H1B amendment and hence a new I797, it says H1B is valid from 25 May 2012 to 6 June 2015.

Now this means,
    If we go back to India we have to get our visa stamped, right?

Since he is applying for the same visa and since last visa was stamped in Chennai, and he still has the same petitioner and he fulfills the rest of the conditions, I believe we are eligible for Interview Waiver Dropbox Program
    Also,
    How close to the"within 12 months" condition can we submit our documents to Team Stanley?

For eg, the expiry date is 28 September 2013, if we give the documents to Team Stanley BAngalore on 26th or 27th of September 2014, are we still safe??

I am worried because I am not sure when the documents will reach the Chennai consulate from Team Stanley.
    Please help!!!!

Originally posted by h4wife View Post
    Hi,

This is our situation.
    My husband's visa was valid from 2010 and expired on 28th September 2014.
    After coming back to USA he got an H1B amendment and hence a new I797, it says H1B is valid from 25 May 2012 to 6 June 2015.

Now this means,
    If we go back to India we have to get our visa stamped, right?

Since he is applying for the same visa and since last visa was stamped in Chennai, and he still has the same petitioner and he fulfills the rest of the conditions, I believe we are eligible for Interview Waiver Dropbox Program
    Also,
    How close to the"within 12 months" condition can we submit our documents to Team Stanley?

For eg, the expiry date is 28 September 2013, if we give the documents to Team Stanley BAngalore on 26th or 27th of September 2014, are we still safe??

I am worried because I am not sure when the documents will reach the Chennai consulate from Team Stanley.
    Please help!!!!
    Did visa expire on 28th Sep 2013? Because in the first statement you said "My husband's visa was valid from 2010 and expired on 28th September 2014."

If it expired on 28th Sep 2013 then I would say as long as documentation reaches Stanley before 28th Sep 2014 you should be fine. Always safe to keep a week's lead time.

Also, remember, the consulate can always call a person for interview even if they are eligible for drop box.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X