Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Issue passport before my US travel on H1B

Dear Group Members,

I recently got my H1B stamped along with H4 for my family. Right now I am not sure about the exact date about my onsite travel but will be soon. Now the issue is my Passport has an expiry date as 10 March 2015. I have been given visa till May 2016. I am thinking of re-issue my passport as it's near to expiry before I visit US. Just in case if I do not travel within 3-4 months then expiry will be under 6 months which may create issues at POE (Prohibiting my stay till my passport expires).

So I have a scenario where I need to change my address as well as add my spouse name to the new passport. I am now living in different state than the originally mentioned in the passport.

Questions:

1. Should I opt Tatkal or Normal processing? (Just in case if I get anything in short term and need to fly)
    2. I own a house in Indore but due to some personal reasons need to stay on rent with family on a different location at Indore. My wife and a baby has the address of my own house. Now that we recently moved to a rental house (less than 1 year), can I still mention the address of my own house while re-issuing my passport (that way all of my family members have the same address?
    3 In case of (2), is there any complications which I should be aware of?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Re - issue passport before my US travel on H1B

Hi,
    It doesn't really matter what address is available in the passport.
    To get your passport reissued you need to be residing in the specified address mentioned in the address proof atleast for 1 year.
    There are no complications while POE If you're adding spouse name and address . Please note in case of any change in Nane/Age/DOB then you will have to go for a fresh visa stamping.
    It's always advised to go for a tatkat mode for passport re issuance.

This is my opinion not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by nithyas01 View Post
      Hi,
      It doesn't really matter what address is available in the passport.
      To get your passport reissued you need to be residing in the specified address mentioned in the address proof atleast for 1 year.
      There are no complications while POE If you're adding spouse name and address . Please note in case of any change in Nane/Age/DOB then you will have to go for a fresh visa stamping.
      It's always advised to go for a tatkat mode for passport re issuance.

This is my opinion not a legal advice
      Tatkal is a headache,go for normal processing if all documents are perfect you will get within 10 days,my spouse go it in 7 days.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X