Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to US using Previous company visa

Hi Team,

I got the visa from the previous company ABC and it was stamped in my passport.. It is valid till Oct 2014. I havent travelled to US yet. I contacted the Consultancy XYZ in US, they mentioned that travel to US using that Visa.. Once you landed in US, then XYZ will apply for H1B transfer

Could you please let me know, whether it is possible?. Is there any documents are required during travel using that Visa

Could you please advise on this.. It will be helpful.

Regards,
    Suresh

Originally posted by Suresh1987 View Post
    Hi Team,

I got the visa from the previous company ABC and it was stamped in my passport.. It is valid till Oct 2014. I havent travelled to US yet. I contacted the Consultancy XYZ in US, they mentioned that travel to US using that Visa.. Once you landed in US, then XYZ will apply for H1B transfer

Could you please let me know, whether it is possible?. Is there any documents are required during travel using that Visa

Could you please advise on this.. It will be helpful.

Regards,
    Suresh
    Companies tell to travel in Old visa.
    1.The issue is it is illegal & risky to travel with same visa
    2.If you are enquired in POE they might call your old company & check.If your old company doesn't reply in +ve way then you will deported back the you cant enter US for the next 5 to 10 yrs.(This has happened in few cases it all depend on your luck)
    3.If you have B1 then u can go In B1 then apply for COS.
    4.If you are ready to take risk then land after midnight in US & also land in some busiest airport in US.
    5.Cut a deal with first company & then join second co in US.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
      Companies tell to travel in Old visa.
      1.The issue is it is illegal & risky to travel with same visa
      2.If you are enquired in POE they might call your old company & check.If your old company doesn't reply in +ve way then you will deported back the you cant enter US for the next 5 to 10 yrs.(This has happened in few cases it all depend on your luck)
      3.If you have B1 then u can go In B1 then apply for COS.
      4.If you are ready to take risk then land after midnight in US & also land in some busiest airport in US.
      5.Cut a deal with first company & then join second co in US.
      ____________________________________________________________ ______________________________

Hi Sneha,

Thanks for the information.. But the consultancy is saying that, it is not issue.. They mentioned that, Consultancy XYZ will provide the offer letter and client letter, you can show the information in the NY airport Authority.. Then there will not be any issue..

If we shows these documents, whether NY Airport authority will accept this? or Still it is risk to travel ?

If they do transfer, whether re-stamping is required for my case?

Could you please clarify this..

Regards,
      Suresh

Comment

____________________________________________________________ ______________________________

Hi Sneha,

Thanks for the information.. But the consultancy is saying that, it is not issue.. They mentioned that, Consultancy XYZ will provide the offer letter and client letter, you can show the information in the NY airport Authority.. Then there will not be any issue..

If we shows these documents, whether NY Airport authority will accept this? or Still it is risk to travel ?

If they do transfer, whether re-stamping is required for my case?

Could you please clarify this..

Regards,
        Suresh
        Company has to file new petition & once the petition is approved you can travel if the visa is still valid.You CANNOT travel with old petition with XYZ co letter it will be problem.If they can provide client letter then they can file for new petition.
        Have ever traveled on this visa to US ?How do you know company A has not revoked your H1B are you sure about that?
        Last edited by snehanew; 05-30-2014, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Hi

Company has to file new petition & once the petition is approved you can travel if the visa is still valid.You CANNOT travel with old petition with XYZ co letter it will be problem.If they can provide client letter then they can file for new petition.
          Have ever traveled on this visa to US ?How do u=you company A has not revoked your H1B are you sure about that?
          ____________________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Hi Sneha,

Thanks for sharing the information..

I havent travelled to US so far.. I travelled to Mexico & Australia earlier..

I have all the documents with me and sure, my H1B visa was not revoked by Company A.. Do you know is there is any way to check this?

Regards,
          Suresh

Comment

____________________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Hi Sneha,

Thanks for sharing the information..

I havent travelled to US so far.. I travelled to Mexico & Australia earlier..

I have all the documents with me and sure, my H1B visa was not revoked by Company A.. Do you know is there is any way to check this?

Regards,
            Suresh
            You cannot check that.Ask the company to file a new petition in premium mode & you can fly within a month.I am not sure whether they will do bcoz they need spend money for that.

Comment

Hi

You cannot check that.Ask the company to file a new petition in premium mode & you can fly within a month.I am not sure whether they will do bcoz they need spend money for that.
              ____________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________

Hi Sneha,

I will check with the consultancy about this and make sure, i will travel once my transfer was approved. Anyway thanks for sharing this information..

Are you working in US attorney?

Regards,
              Gopi.M

Comment

Hi

____________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________

Hi Sneha,

I will check with the consultancy about this and make sure, i will travel once my transfer was approved. Anyway thanks for sharing this information..

Are you working in US attorney?

Regards,
                Gopi.M
                ____________________________________________________________ _________________

Hi Sneha,

If i m not able to travel before Oct 2014. In future (i.e. after 6 months/1 year), if some company process new H1B, whether my case will comes under H1B Cap Exempt?

Could you please let me know, how many months/years it will come for me as H1B Cap Exempt?

Regards,
                Suresh

Comment

____________________________________________________________ _________________

Hi Sneha,

If i m not able to travel before Oct 2014. In future (i.e. after 6 months/1 year), if some company process new H1B, whether my case will comes under H1B Cap Exempt?

Could you please let me know, how many months/years it will come for me as H1B Cap Exempt?

Regards,
                  Suresh
                  Cap Exempt & 6 years

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X