stamp expire but need to travel outside US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stamp expire but need to travel outside US

Currently holding a Malaysia passport with a H1B working stamp but need to have a study research travel outside the US, but the stamp was expired and needed renewal. What to do? possible to travel outside the US before extent the visa stamp?

thanks for help

Originally posted by paulinetse View Post
    Currently holding a Malaysia passport with a H1B working stamp but need to have a study research travel outside the US, but the stamp was expired and needed renewal. What to do? possible to travel outside the US before extent the visa stamp?

thanks for help
    You can travel outside US, but in order to travel back in to US you would need a fresh visa stamp.

Also do check with the respective airlines while travelling outside US as some transit airports may require you to have a valid US visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You can travel outside US, but in order to travel back in to US you would need a fresh visa stamp.

Also do check with the respective airlines while travelling outside US as some transit airports may require you to have a valid US visa.

thanks, how about come back with a traveler visa then extend the H1B by traveling to Malaysia on the following week?

Comment

If you have a valid B2 yes it could be possible to travel back on B2. But you cannot work and get paid while on a B2.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X