LCA transfer Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCA transfer Process

Hi, my H1B Visa got stamped and it is valid till 30th Sep, 2014. The Petition is also valid till that date. Now there is a change in my work location and for that I need to transfer my LCA to the new location with a different wages. Can you please tell me, how much time needs to be left on the petition before expiry in order to transfer the LCA? Any specific timeline related to the petition validity before which I need to file for LCA transfer?

Your help and advice is highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Sayak

LCA transfer Process

Nothing in specific and it will normally take 2 weeks to get LCA certified. You would also need to consider H1 amendment to avoid any issues later.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      Nothing in specific and it will normally take 2 weeks to get LCA certified. You would also need to consider H1 amendment to avoid any issues later.

This is my opinion.
      Thanks you so much Kadkhiq for your reply. Yes definitely, I will not change my Job Role in order to avoid any issue with the H1 amendment. Thank you again.

Comment

LCA transfer Process

H1 amendment is required when you have any "material change". It include client and job location change.

When you apply LCA with DOL, USCIS would not know what is your current client and job location as they have your old petition details. If they select you randomly for "Administrative Site Visit and Verification Program" (ASVVP), then you will be in trouble.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
          H1 amendment is required when you have any "material change". It include client and job location change.

When you apply LCA with DOL, USCIS would not know what is your current client and job location as they have your old petition details. If they select you randomly for "Administrative Site Visit and Verification Program" (ASVVP), then you will be in trouble.

This is my opinion.
          Thanks Kadkhiq for this very useful information. I will have a discussion with my employer on this and proceed accordingly as per the guidelines.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X